PDA

View Full Version : Carpet cleaning

dajuanNonly
03-27-2011, 09:13 AM
Are there any goood handheld carpet shampooers that'll do till I can afford an aztec

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

MaximumMD
03-27-2011, 10:23 AM
I got the bissell little green machine (the heated one). I love it! It's small which is good since I'm mobile. The heat helps get stains out. I use just water in it and spray my chemicals on the carpet, since I heard some reviews about it not liking chemicals going through it. It only cost me $100. Best bang for you buck in my opinion (for a small less expensive unit).

ScubaCougr
03-27-2011, 10:36 AM
Search "Bissell" for lots of discussion on the portable "green machine" carpet cleaners. Many like them, although some do use a more powerful wet vac for extraction.

The chemicals used also have a lot to do with effectiveness of any process including a manual scrub-brush. Folex is one that is pretty popular and inexpensive.

2old2change
03-27-2011, 11:36 AM
I have a Bissel LGM and at first wasn't too happy with my results.On a ford F-250 cloth interior I had a hard time getting stains out without leaving water spots. I've since learned on this application the whole panel needed to be done for a spot free results. Ford cloth in 05 sucks. Finding that it was not the fault of the LGM I have used the machine on other projects and had good results on the other applications. Keep in mind that you get what you pay for.This will not perform as a $1,000+ machine will. Being weaker it will take more time and passes to achieve what a better machine might do in a single pass. I add Folex and some distilled vinegar to my solution as needed or dictated by the stain or other conditions. I am also wanting a nice extractor/steamer/vac for the future but must remain realistic when spending that cash for the present. Good luck whichever way you decide to go . :xyxthumbs:

dajuanNonly
03-27-2011, 09:02 PM
Thanks alot guys love this forum ur experience is greatly appreciated

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk