PDA

View Full Version : Pad "mushrooming" or deforming?

k4df4l
03-27-2011, 06:35 AM
I did a quick search and couldn't find too much feedback on this.

Towards the end of my first session with the PC using an orange pad & Pinnacle ASR, the pad started to mushroom; the edges started to curl up and the pad was no longer flat. I'm pretty sure that I go the pad a bit warm w/ on one of the worst panels of the car that I saved for last.

Is it the heat or possibly too much pressure on the machine or both factors that generally cause this?

Are there any tips to get the pad back to a flat uniform profile after cleaning?

(the car came out fantastic by the way..just slung a bit of polish around at the end ;) )

Flash Gordon
03-27-2011, 06:39 AM
I did a quick search and couldn't find too much feedback on this.

Towards the end of my first session with the PC using an orange pad & Pinnacle ASR, the pad started to mushroom; the edges started to curl up and the pad was no longer flat. I'm pretty sure that I go the pad a bit warm w/ on one of the worst panels of the car that I saved for last.

Is it the heat or possibly too much pressure on the machine or both factors that generally cause this?

Are there any tips to get the pad back to a flat uniform profile after cleaning?

(the car came out fantastic by the way..just slung a bit of polish around at the end ;) )

What you expierenced is normal. Clean your pad, and when it dries, it should reshape itself

k4df4l
03-27-2011, 06:44 AM
What you expierenced is normal. Clean your pad, and when it dries, it should reshape itself

DOH! I figured I ruined the pad and ditched it. :doh:

It struck me later that even if it was trashed, I still could have cut it up and used it for hand application in tight areas or applying tire dressing.

Thanks!

BobbyG
03-27-2011, 06:48 AM
DOH!It struck me later that even if it was trashed, I still could have cut it up and used it for hand application in tight areas or applying tire dressing.

Thanks!

All part of the learning process, just chalk it up to that....:xyxthumbs:

Flash Gordon
03-27-2011, 06:57 AM
DOH! I figured I ruined the pad and ditched it. :doh:

It struck me later that even if it was trashed, I still could have cut it up and used it for hand application in tight areas or applying tire dressing.

Thanks!

Sounds like its time to do some dumpster diving :hungry:

Flash Gordon
03-27-2011, 06:58 AM

Mornin Bobby

I wonder what this day has in store for us Im the MAN

k4df4l
03-27-2011, 07:01 AM

...isn't that always the case? On the bright side, I usually learn more from screwing up.

Sounds like its time to do some dumpster diving :hungry:

By today it's more a case of landfill diving. ;)

Transcendent
03-27-2011, 07:08 AM
Don't feel bad man i did that my first time using a DA I'll admit lol

loudog2
03-27-2011, 09:06 AM
Also a sign of too much pressure.