PDA

View Full Version : Proper way to degrease a car?

Kaban
03-26-2011, 02:27 PM
How do you degrease a car properly using a properly diluted citrus degreaser?

My main question is: Do you apply it on a wet surface or do you apply it dry?

For instance... would I FIRST rinse the car and THEN spray teh degreaser onto the wet surface? Or do you first apply the degreaer when the car is still completely dry and fully dirty/contaminated?

Thanks!

Flash Gordon
03-26-2011, 02:37 PM

For instance... would I FIRST rinse the car and THEN spray teh degreaser onto the wet surface? Or do you first apply the degreaer when the car is still completely dry and fully dirty/contaminated?

Thanks!

Wash it with dawn and castrol super clean

AeroCleanse
03-26-2011, 02:39 PM

Thanks!

I use CG Citrus Wash, so you use it as you would a normal car wash. Not sure on P21s TAW.

James K
03-26-2011, 03:46 PM
I add a little bit of citrus degreaser to the wash bucket. I then wet down the car and using my pressurized sprayer I hit the problem spots with a diluted citrus degreaser. The hotpsots usually being, the front edge of the hood, front bumper, and behind each wheel. I do not spray the panel until I am starting the panel before it.

Example:
Wash top of car.
Spray front of hood.
Wash trunk.
Spray front bumper.
Wash hood.
Spray right fender.
Wash front bumper.

Not exactly in that order just giving you an idea. I do this so the degreaser does not dry on the paint.

Not sure if people would consider it the right or the wrong way, but it works for me.

DetailedByPrecision
03-26-2011, 04:16 PM
I use p21s taw 4:1 and CG citrus wash and gloss 2oz per 2 gallon.

Pre rinse with water. Then spray p21s and let it sit for a minute w/o letting it dry. Rinse it off then wash car with CG citrus.

NY946
03-26-2011, 04:42 PM
Dawn and Megs APC+ or Body Solvent. Prepsol works well too...

cobalt9123
03-26-2011, 04:53 PM
Dawn and Megs APC+

Exactly what I use...great, effective, and economical way to do it :xyxthumbs:

2SLICK4U
03-26-2011, 06:59 PM
Exactly what I use...great, effective, and economical way to do it :xyxthumbs:

What would be the ratio of APC nad Dawn?

cobalt9123
03-26-2011, 07:02 PM
What would be the ratio of APC nad Dawn?
I use APC+ at 4:1 water:APC and for the Dawn I use around 1-2 oz for 4 gallons of water.

2SLICK4U
03-26-2011, 07:03 PM
Thank you cobalt9123 you are quick

jimmyjam
03-26-2011, 07:24 PM
Dawn and Megs APC+ or Body Solvent. Prepsol works well too...

Wash it with dawn and castrol super clean

:whs::whs::iagree:

cobalt9123
03-26-2011, 08:27 PM
Thank you cobalt9123 you are quick

Well...when you're in an Italian restaurant chowing on some garlic rolls and waiting on a calzone...nothing better to do :xyxthumbs:

Flash Gordon
03-26-2011, 08:37 PM
If you really wanna get it sqeaky clean, go to the DIY. Spray the car down with their soap and let it dry....yes, I said let it dry

After the cry has dried, hit it with the rinse cycle, then rush home and give it a proper bath. After doing all this, the sheeting action you'll see will be second to none. I promise...