PDA

View Full Version : rotary polisher questions!!!

hemi ram55
03-26-2011, 12:39 AM
Hey all, got into a debate with a friend about rotary polishers. Not going to get into details but my question is when using one to buff a car, whats better. A pad that screws on, or the bonnet that straps onto it? is one a big no no or are they both ok to use?? Thanks!!

93fox
03-26-2011, 12:47 AM
Hey all, got into a debate with a friend about rotary polishers. Not going to get into details but my question is when using one to buff a car, whats better. A pad that screws on, or the bonnet that straps onto it? is one a big no no or are they both ok to use?? Thanks!!
the bonnet that strap on are most of the time just Microfiber bonnets to buff. but i dont see why anyone would use a bonnet with a rotary. plain and simple, pads are better.

sohail99
03-26-2011, 12:50 AM
If you're talking about polishing, then nothing except a quality polishing pad and a polish will do!

Its usually the backing plate that screws on and the polishing pad attaches to it with velcro system!

Bonnet is usually used to remove a applied LSP(Wax/sealant). Personally I remove them manually. Bonnet is probably used by detail shops which have to mechanize each and every step, in order to deliver maximum results in minimum amount of time!

This is a great read - http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/33511-how-do-you-stay-away-holograms.html