PDA

View Full Version : Will rapid extreme temperature change effect paint or clearcoat? Dent removal technique question

trencher7
03-25-2011, 11:55 PM
I have a small 2 inch dent (no crease-more like a shallow impression) on the back of my brand new mini-van. I saw a few demos of a "trick" that seemed to work on certain kinds of dents, but it involves a hair dryer and can of C-O2 (air in a can you clean your keyboard with). They would heat the dent for about a min and then spray it with the cold C-O2. Would this damage the paint or clear coat?

One example-

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2Mn3YWIaCg]YouTube - DentRepair[/video]

Flash Gordon
03-26-2011, 01:16 AM
As far as going from hot to cold, no it will not have a negative effect on your finish. Having said that, I would be a bit cautious as to how long and close you hold the hair dryer next to your paint. Especially if its plastic/fiberglass

Neat video. I'm going to try that first chance I get. I would imagine it works better on a fresh dent

G L

Flash

Matt
03-26-2011, 03:20 AM
I'd be interested to know how well it works. I have a small dent on my hood and it's right on the very front where it curves down to the grill. Unfortunately the metal is at it's thickest there and I doubt this would work, but if you have some success I'll give it a try.