PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning a dirty dash

Pages : [1] 2

Wakes4Fun
03-25-2011, 07:36 PM
I have a 99 Acura Integra with a tan interior including the dash. The car has been very neglected throughout the years and I'm trying to get it back in tip-top shape. What cleaner and process would you guys use to clean the dirt and grime out of the little cracks and crevices of in the vinyl dash.

Thanks for the info:xyxthumbs:

Flash Gordon
03-25-2011, 07:43 PM
I have a 99 Acura Integra with a tan interior including the dash. The car has been very neglected throughout the years and I'm trying to get it back in tip-top shape. What cleaner and process would you guys use to clean the dirt and grime out of the little cracks and crevices of in the vinyl dash.

Thanks for the info:xyxthumbs:

Its rather odd that the dash is the only surface that you seem concerned with. The reason I say this is because thats the one area ppl don't seem to try and ruin with their soda pops, coffee and such

Anyway, go get a 1/2 paint brush for your vents and as far as the rest of it, just wipe down with a cotton towel thats been soaked in soap/apc and wipe clean

G L,

Flash

JonMiles
03-25-2011, 07:43 PM
q-tip and apc+

Dr Oldz
03-25-2011, 07:44 PM
OPC works wonders. DP TIC isn't too bad either!

Flash Gordon
03-25-2011, 07:46 PM
q-tip and apc+

OPC works wonders. DP TIC isn't too bad either!

Hope the OP is up to date on his acronym list :)

Kristopher1129
03-25-2011, 08:15 PM
Just pressure wash it! :bolt:

Flash Gordon
03-25-2011, 08:18 PM
Just pressure wash it! :bolt:

lol...that'll getr clean

Kristopher1129
03-25-2011, 08:19 PM
lol...that'll getr clean

Fo sho! haha

Flash Gordon
03-25-2011, 08:20 PM
Fo sho! haha

With tha quickness too...lol

Wakes4Fun
03-25-2011, 09:42 PM
Hope the OP is up to date on his acronym list :)

I have a link for that. hahaha

The reason I'm worried about the dash is because the rest of the interior cleaned up very nice but the dash still looks filthy to me. I am very particular about it because I stare at it all the time. lol And I don't have a pressure washer so that idea is out the window

Dr Oldz
03-25-2011, 09:49 PM
Vinyl & Leather Scrub Brush (http://www.autogeek.net/vilescbr.html)

I like this brush! Cheap and cleans well!

Optimum Power Clean All Purpose Cleaner 17 oz. (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-power-clean-apc.html)

OPC as I stated above.

Flash Gordon
03-26-2011, 01:01 AM
I have a link for that. hahaha

The reason I'm worried about the dash is because the rest of the interior cleaned up very nice but the dash still looks filthy to me. I am very particular about it because I stare at it all the time. lol And I don't have a pressure washer so that idea is out the window

That pressure washer comment was Kris trying to be funny

Kris, leave the comedic comments to me. lol

Judge
03-26-2011, 01:20 AM
You could use 1Z Einszett Plastic Vinyl Deep Cleaner Plastik Reiniger. I've been able to take a tarry substance off a seat with this stuff. It's very effective

jimmyjam
03-26-2011, 05:03 AM
I'm really sold on DP (Detailers Pride) Total Interior Clean. Spray down your dash let set/soak for 30secs then get a soft bristle paint brush and work the areas desired. The only thing is that you'll have to clean all the clear plastics with a glass cleaner to rid any streaks..

evojoey
03-26-2011, 06:25 AM
I really like megs39 for vinyl in really bad condition

Meguiars #39 Professional Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner, clean vinyl, meguiars interior cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-39-vinyl-cleaner.html)