PDA

View Full Version : Autozone Stepping Up?

Josh@BR
03-25-2011, 10:16 AM
So I just went to autozone and was very surprised to see the new products they are offering. Of all the stuff that was new this is what I was most surprised about. They had some of Meg's mirror glaze line in gallons and other sizes. They even had some brand of da that I've never heard of and it costs more than a PC.
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n548/BeyondReflectionsAutoDetailing/IMAG0162.jpg

Flash Gordon
03-25-2011, 10:22 AM
Sweet. Competition is always a good thing

dublifecrisis
03-25-2011, 10:29 AM
I used to see the older mirror glaze stuff at AZ and advanced auto but I've never seen 105/205. We have an advanced auto superstore here in Jax, Fl that is one of the main headquarter stores and it carries a few gallon MG products along with the Meg's G110 polisher and a few Meg's foam pads.

To your point though, yeah I'm seeing Griot's at advanced which is cool and they still carry surf city garage. Pep Boys has a nice Auto Glym selection and also some product line like crazy monkey or something? Nice packaging and it's priced like it wants to compete with the big boys.

Josh@BR
03-25-2011, 10:37 AM
I used to see the older mirror glaze stuff at AZ and advanced auto but I've never seen 105/205. We have an advanced auto superstore here in Jax, Fl that is one of the main headquarter stores and it carries a few gallon MG products along with the Meg's G110 polisher and a few Meg's foam pads.

To your point though, yeah I'm seeing Griot's at advanced which is cool and they still carry surf city garage. Pep Boys has a nice Auto Glym selection and also some product line like crazy monkey or something? Nice packaging and it's priced like it wants to compete with the big boys.

Yeah I could imagine in your area products like this aren't hard to come by at popular auto stores but around here its just unheard of. Its good if I ever need some emergency products but I'll stay faithful to AG as long as they keep up the good work.

Harleyguy
03-25-2011, 11:00 AM
Thanks for sharing have to pass by the local store and see what they carry now . They just opened a brand new store a few miles away .

rwright
03-25-2011, 11:14 AM
That's funny that they carry Shurhold now. Wonder if BFWD is next?

Sent using Tapatalk

Sunshyne
03-25-2011, 12:00 PM
Sweet. Competition is always a good thing

bingo! :iagree:

Flash Gordon
03-25-2011, 12:06 PM
Thanks for sharing have to pass by the local store and see what they carry now . They just opened a brand new store a few miles away .

Hi Adam :cheers:

bingo! :iagree:

You have the most awesome avatar of all time :applause:

C. Charles Hahn
03-25-2011, 02:21 PM
That's funny that they carry Shurhold now. Wonder if BFWD is next?

Sent using Tapatalk

Nothing would surprise me with Autozone; the thing that will be interesting is seeing how long it lasts before all the stuff goes on clearance.

Harleyguy
03-25-2011, 02:25 PM
Nothing would surprise me with Autozone; the thing that will be interesting is seeing how long it lasts before all the stuff goes on clearance.And that's what we all hope for :dblthumb2:

Flash Gordon
03-25-2011, 02:25 PM
Nothing would surprise me with Autozone; the thing that will be interesting is seeing how long it lasts before all the stuff goes on clearance.

I just hope their counter help knows how to direct the consumer to the product that suits their need better then they do auto parts

Bunky
03-25-2011, 05:51 PM
I just hope their counter help knows how to direct the consumer to the product that suits their need better then they do auto parts

That is likely going to be the biggest issue. These places probably need to hold detailing clinics. I was at a OTC place and this guy was asking the store help how to remove swirls from the Durango (it was trashed). They gave him bad advice and got him thinking he could clean it up by hand. The guy asked about some Meg's products but the store guy was steering him to Turtle Wax.

mastrjeff1
03-25-2011, 05:59 PM
Thats a bad move for Autozone. Most people that buy car care products from there is usually looking for a one step cleaner wax or some DIY product (although I must admit I sometimes end up there on Sundays).