PDA

View Full Version : new member hello

poweraid
03-25-2011, 09:57 AM
hello everyone. new member here to get lots of info, instructions, tips, product recomendations. i am not a professional detailer i just love to take care of my vehicles myself, more of a hobby . tired of the off the shelf stuff at the local store. i have just placed multiple orders to get myself going in the right direction with good quality products. im sure i will have many questions and hope some of you take the time to help me out.

Flash Gordon
03-25-2011, 10:08 AM
Welcome from Memphis

Fire away with your questions

dad07
03-25-2011, 10:14 AM
:welcome:

poweraid
03-25-2011, 10:24 AM
ok i live in northern wisconsin and we have some harsh winters and then the dreaded road salt. spring is getting here and i am getting ready to detail my ride. what i plan to do here and what i have to do it with, i need help with the correct steps to take in applying it.
first gonna clay bar, then i have xmt360 to use. now i am stuck here in that i have wolfgang deep gloss spritz sealant . do i carnauba wax before or after the sealant? and then what do i use for upkeep during the summer months, and then what do i need to do for reeady for winter? any product recomendations will help also.

BobbyG
03-25-2011, 11:06 AM
:welcome: To Autogeek Online!! :dblthumb2:

I post this quite a bit bit there's allot of information here especially for some of the new recruits.

After reading and understanding some of the basics, the more hands on your are the quicker you'll build your knowledge and gain experience.

Everyone starts off as a beginner but with some reading, questions, and trial, error, and practice you'll be amazed how much you'll be able to do.

This link contains articles written by Mike Phillips and has allot of great reading within.

Articles by Mike Phillips

Basic steps in order are:

* Wash
* Clay
* Paint Correction & Polish
* Seal
* Wax

Make detailing enjoyable and practice. Take your time and do not become overwhelmed. Just because there are a thousand product doesn't mean you have to use them all.

Pick one product from each category from the steps above. You already have some great waxes so you're that far ahead of the game..

Autogeek has a kit section that contains everything you need to get started.

Kit Page

Car Care Kits, Car Care Cleaning Kits, Complete Detailing Kits

Decent kit

Pinnacle Twins & Meguiar's G110v2 Dual Action Polisher Kit FREE BONUS

Much better kit

Menzerna Porter Cable XP Maximum Shine Kit FREE BONUS

Flex Kit

If I were in the market for a kit this would be the one I'd choose.
Pinnacle Flex XC3401 Polishing & Swirl Remover kit, Pinnacle polishes, swirl removers, finishing polish, flex buffer

One Step Product

Menzerna Sealing Wax

Menzerna Sealing Wax APO 60, Menzerna APO 60, Menzerna wax

Meguiar's D151

Meguiars Paint Reconditioning Cream D151

Sealants

Menzerna Power Lock Paint Sealant

Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Paint Sealant, Menzerna auto sealant, car sealant, paint sealant protectant

Other quality sealants

* Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant
* Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze
* DP Poli-Coat Paint Sealant

Wax

Collinite 845

Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax #845, liquid wax, heat-resistant wax, car wax

Pinnacle Signature Series ll

Pinnacle Signature Series II Carnauba Paste Wax will give you a deep, wet finish will exceed your expectations. car wax, carnauba paste wax, pinnacle

Detailer’s Pro Series Max Wax

DP Max Wax- Made with pure carnauba wax and advanced polymers.

mi77915
03-25-2011, 11:15 AM
:welcome: to the forum

Mike Phillips
03-29-2011, 02:44 PM
Welcome to Autogeek Online!

Be sure to check out our new TV show, What's in the Garage? which debut's this coming Sunday at 11:30am Eastern Time on Fox Sports Network and repeats at 4:30pm Eastern Time on Monday on Fox Sports Network.

New Teaser Video - Autogeek's What's in the Garage TV Show! (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/company-forum-news-headlines/33445-new-teaser-video-autogeek-s-what-s-garage-tv-show.html)

Here's a Teaser for our new TV show which debuts on Sunday, April 3rd at 11:30am Eastern Time on Fox Sports Channel!

What's in the Garage? - TV Promo!

- Autogeek's What's in the Garage TV Show Promo

Click to the www.LocateTV.com (http://www.locatetv.com/tv/whats-in-the-garage/7067176) website and type into their search bar,

What’s in the Garage?

And you can find dates, times and channels all over the place for the next 3 months.

:welcome: