PDA

View Full Version : how come?

Pages : [1] 2

93fox
03-24-2011, 11:15 PM
so i placed and order last week and copied down the order number provided once the order had been placed. a few days later i used the same number in the order tracking page and it says there was no info. i thought that maybe it had to process. i tried again the next day, and again same thing. so then i email customer service and they sent me the UPS link of my package, i click on it and it says that no order exist. i type in the tracking number that the ups link provided in the ups site and same thing. so then i call AG and a lady politely gave me the order number, witch was a whole DIFFERENT number than the one i got once i placed the order. so then i use the number i was given in the AG order tracking page and it worked just perfectly. i placed an order a few days ago again and same thing. the order number doesn't work. i am just wondering why would they provide a number that doesn't work? does any one get this same problem? i am very concerned about my packages since i live in apartments and if i am not home on the estimated date arrival and they leave it on the door... i have a feeling it wont be there when i get home. :dunno:

mastrjeff1
03-24-2011, 11:19 PM
so i placed and order last week and copied down the order number provided once the order had been placed. a few days later i used the same number in the order tracking page and it says there was no info. i thought that maybe it had to process. i tried again the next day, and again same thing. so then i email customer service and they sent me the UPS link of my package, i click on it and it says that no order exist. i type in the tracking number that the ups link provided in the ups site and same thing. so then i call AG and a lady politely gave me the order number, witch was a whole DIFFERENT number than the one i got once i placed the order. so then i use the number i was given in the AG order tracking page and it worked just perfectly. i placed an order a few days ago again and same thing. the order number doesn't work. i am just wondering why would they provide a number that doesn't work? does any one get this same problem? i am very concerned about my packages since i live in apartments and if i am not home on the estimated date arrival and they leave it on the door... i have a feeling it wont be there when i get home. :dunno:

Hmm. Maybe the shipping labels they printed got messed up and they needed to print a new one. But twice in a row is a little weird. I would definitely contact autogeek and maybe even UPS (once you get the right info.) to see if you can arrange for a Saturday delivery (if you will be home on Saturday).

ROMEO
03-24-2011, 11:23 PM
Normally when I place orders and I get the confirmation email there are 2 order numbers, one says internal order #, and another with something else, when ever I want to check the status of my order I use the internal one and never had a problem...

Date: **/**/****
Yahoo Order Number: *****
Internal Order Number: *****

Thank you for ordering from Auto Geek! We have received your order. The
details are below. Please take a minute to check your shipping address. If
your shipping address is incorrect on your order, please call us as soon
as possible. When possible we are happy to make the corrections for
free, otherwise there is a $10 charge to redirect a package through UPS.

93fox
03-24-2011, 11:26 PM
Normally when I place orders and I get the confirmation email there are 2 order numbers, one says internal order #, and another with something else, when ever I want to check the status of my order I use the internal one and never had a problem...
confirmation email??? wow i never even get that.

mastrjeff1
03-24-2011, 11:29 PM

Maybe it's in your spam folder??

ROMEO
03-24-2011, 11:30 PM

Yep, see my previous post, I just edited it...

93fox
03-24-2011, 11:31 PM
just checked there and its not there at all. i receive emails from AG when theres a promotion or new product. so they sure dont have my email wrong.

ROMEO
03-24-2011, 11:31 PM

I was just gonna ask this...

mastrjeff1
03-24-2011, 11:33 PM
Maybe you ordered a drop shipped item??

93fox
03-24-2011, 11:37 PM
Maybe you ordered a drop shipped item??
Porter cable? LC pads? XMT 360? DP products? no. i know AG has some of the greatest customer service but this is a big let down. i dont see why i have to be calling to get the actual order number.

mastrjeff1
03-24-2011, 11:46 PM
Porter cable? LC pads? XMT 360? DP products? no. i know AG has some of the greatest customer service but this is a big let down. i dont see why i have to be calling to get the actual order number.

:iagree:
Hmmm. I always got email confirmations in the past. This definitely needs to be looked into. Maybe it's some kind of software failure with the AG website.

93fox
03-24-2011, 11:50 PM
:iagree:
Hmmm. I always got email confirmations in the past. This definitely needs to be looked into. Maybe it's some kind of software failure with the AG website.
im about to shoot them an email, not happy at all with this going on. so absurd if you ask me.

ROMEO
03-24-2011, 11:54 PM

I would not be so quick pointing fingers, you have been here long enough to know that they always take care of their customers... Even tho you get emails from specials, does not mean that you will also get the confirmation email, one can be blocked and not the other... And the problem can be with your email account server, and not AG's...

Ether way, good luck, I know you will be taken care off...

93fox
03-25-2011, 12:07 AM
I would not be so quick pointing fingers, you have been here long enough to know that they always take care of their customers... Even tho you get emails from specials, does not mean that you will also get the confirmation email, one can be blocked and not the other... And the problem can be with your email account server, and not AG's...

Ether way, good luck, I know you will be taken care off...
the first time this happened to me, i sent them an email and they sent me a UPS link that was to track my package. and when i clicked on it it said no order existed. i was like :dunno: but i never thought about the email server. its yahoo so i dont think its that bad, maybe ill try a different email next time. thanks for pointing that out!

sspudnick
03-25-2011, 03:15 AM
im about to shoot them an email, not happy at all with this going on. so absurd if you ask me.

Give them a break, mistakes happen. Give them a little time to fix the problem before getting upset. It's unlikely that, with all of the people they serve, there will never be issues. However, it's how they respond to those issues that matters.

Just be patient, they'll fix it.