PDA

View Full Version : Powder Coated Tool Box

BlueTooth4788
03-24-2011, 10:32 PM
I have a black powder coated UWS tool box in the bed of my Chevy Colorado. I was curious which products i could use to help restore some shine to the paint. The truck is always parked outside and the Florida sun and constant layers of pollen have done a number on it. I have tried pressure washing it and a few other things but nothing seems to do the trick.

mastrjeff1
03-24-2011, 10:47 PM
I have a black powder coated UWS tool box in the bed of my Chevy Colorado. I was curious which products i could use to help restore some shine to the paint. The truck is always parked outside and the Florida sun and constant layers of pollen have done a number on it. I have tried pressure washing it and a few other things but nothing seems to do the trick.

First of all, nice truck. Second, if you have a picture of the tool box, that would be great. Generally you can use the same methods that we use for regular paint. Use a compound, and if it is really bad, you can wetsand it.

Please note that I am not exactly a seasoned detailer, nor do I have much experience detailing powder coated finishes.