PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of trying Menzerna Micro Polish/FPII

05RLS2
03-24-2011, 09:07 PM
I have been wanting to try out some Menzerna polishes for a while, and think I might get a bottle to try out soon. I am interested in the Micro Polish, or also know as FP II. I'd like to get something that will take care of the micromaring that sometimes happens when polishing, plus I want to be able get the best gloss and swirl free finish possible. This looks to be the ticket since on the website it says that it works well on dark vehicles. I have done a little reading on it and think it might be worth trying, but wanted to get suggestions from you all before actually ordering some.

How easy is this polish to use with a PC 7424, is it a real quick cutting polish or does it take a little while to fully break down? Is it overly dusty? Do you all find it to contain a lot of oils that do more masking of swirls than actually removing?

Also, on the link for the Micro Polish on the Autogeek store, it says to use a gray LC CCS finishing pads. To me it seems that a gray pad is too soft to use with an abarsive polish, but I guess it could depend on how hard or soft the finish is

Menzerna Micro Polish, Menerna PO 87MC, Menzerna Polish, (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-micro-polish.html)

Has anyone else here used the CCS pads with this polish and the 7424? If so, did you find the gray pads to be a good combination with this polsih? If thats the case, I guess I will need to order some gray pads too:xyxthumbs:

05RLS2
03-24-2011, 09:44 PM
Adding this post since I can't edit the original thread. Instead of the Micro Polish, should I consider PO016FA or PO85RD? The 106 super finish seems to have a little more cut than the Micro Polish FP II and more gloss rating? Also, is the micro polish more intended for older vehicles? According to the chart it being used for aged coatings, if that's the case that's not what I need.

Between the 106FA, 87MC, and 85RD, what one(s) do you all think are the best? I don't mind buying two if I have to, but I'd like to get something that is like a light duty step one polish that finishes with the best gloss without micromarring. Plus something that is capable of jeweling to perfection

guccigucci
03-24-2011, 10:06 PM
85rd

Rayaz
03-24-2011, 10:24 PM
I have used PO016FA with a grey finishing pad with both my Flex and PC DAs on a new black finish with light towel marks and the usual dealer induced swirls. It works very well and has a little dust but not close to the worst I have encountered. I used an light alcohol/water wipe down to make sure it was finishing and not filling. I'm very happy with the combination.

Good luck, have fun!

05RLS2
03-24-2011, 10:33 PM
85rd
For what Reasons? Is it capable of both remvoing light micromarring and jeweling if desired?

When it comes to the Menzerna chart on the AG page showing cut, is it pretty comparable to the cut of other numbered polishes such as SSR2 and SSR1?