PDA

View Full Version : Concrete on paint!

ALLN1WASH
03-24-2011, 05:28 PM
What up AG?
Well I received a call from a woman saying the construction co near her job, had somehow gotten concrete on the vehicle.

Question is exactly how long do I have to get this off before it causes permanent damage, and secondly exactly what type of chemicals are you all using?

I talked with a local distributor this morning and he suggested that a solvent would get it out, idk but I'll have that in on Monday.

Thanks for any and all help in advance...Feed back please

Bates Detailing
03-24-2011, 05:55 PM
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/tolae_2149_230111303

Found this in a past thread..... someone said it is ok on the paint..... may want to research more.

Cruiser57
03-25-2011, 11:57 AM
I just had a Ford Escape at a dealership with this very same problem. It was the worse I've come across. I went over it with CLR and used a plastic razor blade to carefully scrape it off. Alternate with CLR and blade when done buff out the area. You do have to take your time and be careful with the blade but the results turned out great.

jimmyjam
03-25-2011, 01:02 PM
Years back I had a gal bring me her car that had cement on the whole driver side, and it was on there for couple of years. I tried everything and nothing, so I put some gas on a rag and it wiped it right off. Now before doing that I would do what your doing and get others to chime in with their experiences, because back then I didn't have AGO to depend on....

sohail99
03-25-2011, 09:39 PM
^Yea!! Generally diesel works great for removing really stubborn tar, concrete spots!

(you just have to let the concrete/tar soak up the diesel) and it'll come right off!

After that, throughly wash that area!

Though I tried it in the past successfully, I wont do it again!(just cuz, more safer ways are available now!)

dad07
03-25-2011, 10:12 PM
wd40.

Kristopher1129
03-25-2011, 11:03 PM
^Yea!! Generally diesel works great for removing really stubborn tar, concrete spots!

(you just have to let the concrete/tar soak up the diesel) and it'll come right off!

After that, throughly wash that area!

Though I tried it in the past successfully, I wont do it again!(just cuz, more safer ways are available now!)

I knew somebody who did the same thing. Used diesel and it apparently came right off. I got the vehicle after he removed it for a polish. I told him I'd do it...but it was gonna be expensive :dblthumb2:

Cruiser57
03-26-2011, 03:45 PM
If you get a procedure for concrete that works and you trust, concrete removal can be a great profit center. Its alot of work and in our area we are seeing more and more of it not to mention the car owner who is beside themselves and the fact that you should charge more for a specialty cleaning job like this.:props: