PDA

View Full Version : Poorboy's Spray and Wipe as a clay lube?

Pages : [1] 2

WRAPT C5Z06
03-24-2011, 10:36 AM
I've always used a dedicated clay lubricant. However, I'm thinking about using PB's S&W as my drying aid as well as a clay lube. Is it a great clay lube?

CleanGene
03-24-2011, 10:54 AM
I've used S&W as a drying aid as well, but never as a clay lube. IMO it's too pricey to be used for this purpose. I've settled on ONR at quick detailer strength for clay lube. It's a cheap alternative and works well. If cost is no concern, give it a shot. I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work well.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-24-2011, 11:50 AM
I've used S&W as a drying aid as well, but never as a clay lube. IMO it's too pricey to be used for this purpose. I've settled on ONR at quick detailer strength for clay lube. It's a cheap alternative and works well. If cost is no concern, give it a shot. I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work well.
Cost is not an issue. I'll give it a shot. I like to have the least amount of products to get the job done.

dougaross
03-24-2011, 12:09 PM

ONR at QD strength (8oz/gal) may be too slippery to be used as a clay lube. The recommended clay lube strength is 2oz/gal.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-24-2011, 12:11 PM
ONR at QD strength (8oz/gal) may be too slippery to be used as a clay lube. The recommended clay lube strength is 2oz/gal.
I'm thinking S&W may be too slippery as well.

C. Charles Hahn
03-24-2011, 12:41 PM

:iagree:I use ONR at 2-3oz/gal. for my clay lube and it seems to work great. :dblthumb2:

TMD
03-24-2011, 12:44 PM
ONR = cost effective with multiple uses.

bobble
03-24-2011, 12:45 PM
I use PB S&W as a clay lube, I dilute down 2:1 with Distilled water into a small spray bottle. No issues in fact I've probably done some at full strength as I got lazy towards the end. Now Ionly do my own and friends cars so cost is not an issue as I don't go thru a lot.

tuscarora dave
03-24-2011, 01:05 PM
It works great as a clay lube, i worked with it for over 2 years as a clay lube. It is slick but it has some cleaning ability too so it's Ideal as clay lube. For me price is an issue so I stopped buying it and use either my local distributor's QD or mix up ONR with good enough results.

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
03-24-2011, 03:05 PM
I've always used a dedicated clay lubricant. However, I'm thinking about using PB's S&W as my drying aid as well as a clay lube. Is it a great clay lube?

You can absolutely use it! And like some have said if you are going to use it as a clay lube you may cut it 50/50 just for claying not for using it as a waterless wash. I use it full strength and slipping is no issue at all. You use it for a drying aid?? I use S + G I'll have to try that sometime I just like killing two birds with one stone haha do my QD while I dry and reduce water spots etc.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-24-2011, 03:12 PM
You can absolutely use it! And like some have said if you are going to use it as a clay lube you may cut it 50/50 just for claying not for using it as a waterless wash. I use it full strength and slipping is no issue at all. You use it for a drying aid?? I use S + G I'll have to try that sometime I just like killing two birds with one stone haha do my QD while I dry and reduce water spots etc.
Thanks!

I purposely use S&W as a drying aid instead of S+G because I don't like any "quick detailers" altering the look of my LSP. S&W is perfect for me! :dblthumb2:

Would diluting it as a clay lube only be for cost efficiency? I thought I read somewhere that S&W ate up their clay. :dunno:

dougaross
03-24-2011, 03:23 PM
Thanks!

I purposely use S&W as a drying aid instead of S+G because I don't like any "quick detailers" altering the look of my LSP. S&W is perfect for me! :dblthumb2:

You should let Finish Kare 425 (http://www.autogeek.net/finish-kare-425-detailer.html) alter the look of your LSP. It looks fantastic

(http://www.autogeek.net/finish-kare-425-detailer.html)

WRAPT C5Z06
03-24-2011, 03:25 PM
You should let Finish Kare 425 (http://www.autogeek.net/finish-kare-425-detailer.html) alter the look of your LSP. It looks fantastic

(http://www.autogeek.net/finish-kare-425-detailer.html)
I've used fk425, it looks great. It's just a personal preference not to alter the look of my LSP :)

Sent using Tapatalk

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
03-24-2011, 03:39 PM
Thanks!

Would diluting it as a clay lube only be for cost efficiency? I thought I read somewhere that S&W ate up their clay. :dunno:
Yes, it would only be for cost efficiency as I prefer to use it full strength and never heard of the clay eating thing in fact when we store our clay we spritz in some S&W to keep the moisture level up no negative effects. I have had an APC basically dissolve clay lol

WRAPT C5Z06
03-24-2011, 03:59 PM
Yes, it would only be for cost efficiency as I prefer to use it full strength and never heard of the clay eating thing in fact when we store our clay we spritz in some S&W to keep the moisture level up no negative effects. I have had an APC basically dissolve clay lol
Thanks! :props: