PDA

View Full Version : Looking for wax

Pages : [1] 2

sebastian12
03-23-2011, 08:37 PM
i just ordered a Griots 6in da polisher with a few pads. i ran out of wax and am trying to decide on Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax or Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 any recommendationsFeed back please

termigator
03-23-2011, 08:41 PM
Depends. Do you want a carnauba wax or sealant? Wolfgang will last longer.

jpegs13
03-23-2011, 08:43 PM
The two you mentioned are different altogether. One is a carnuba wax the other is a sealant.
Personally, I would get both. Apply the sealant then top it with the wax for a deep glossy shine.

cobalt9123
03-23-2011, 08:45 PM
I'd suggest the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant for the durability and looks. Or you can try the similar Menzerna Power Lock.

sebastian12
03-23-2011, 08:46 PM
thanks, i am looking for something that will last and look really good on my denali

cobalt9123
03-23-2011, 08:48 PM
thanks, i am looking for something that will last and look really good on my denali

Go with a sealant and top it with a Carnauba wax like DP Max Wax or Pinnacle Signature Series II. Both are fantastic waxes :props:

john b
03-23-2011, 08:51 PM
i would get them both now-becouse eventually you will anyway,due to the detailing bug you will get and you will save on shipping

sebastian12
03-23-2011, 08:55 PM
witch one would look better on the paint.(black)

termigator
03-23-2011, 09:24 PM
Could be just me, but I can barely tell the difference between a good carnauba and a really good sealant like Wolfgang. IME, the Wolfgang looked great on my red Prelude and my mother's dark gray metallic E320.

If you're looking for durability, go with the Wolfgang. Some people like to top a sealant with a carnauba, but keep in mind that if you do that, you won't be able to reapply a sealant unless you strip the carnauba.

Shane731
03-23-2011, 09:26 PM
You can get sample sizes of both Liquid Souveran and DGPS. I would do that before I got the big bottles, that way if you don't like one, you're only out a couple of bucks.

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 sample, sample size, paint sealant sample (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-paint-sealant-sample.html)

Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Spray Wax 4 oz. Sample (http://www.autogeek.net/pinnacle-souveran-spray-wax-sample.html)

john b
03-23-2011, 09:40 PM
just a quick note on wg sealeant,i recently have recieved 2 bad samples of the wg seasleant[that i thought were bad]-it was a yellowish completely seperated material,even upon shakeing for a long time and looked clumpy,i did tell ag and they said they would tell that to the warehouse-my quess is that it was just really old,butt knowing ag i am sure they took care of it

LegacyGT
03-23-2011, 10:09 PM
I'd suggest the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant for the durability and looks. Or you can try the similar Menzerna Power Lock.

+1

nothelle
03-24-2011, 12:44 AM
Too close to call... i personally think WG DGPS is a bit glossy like any other sealant should do, while liquid souveran is on the warmer side. WG's finish is slicker, but unless you're anal about it, hardly feel the difference. Can't go wrong with either.

Silverstone
03-24-2011, 02:46 AM
I would think and have heard that the Nuba would be best for black paint. Sealants are said to look better on lighter colors. That has been my limited experience too. My gray car looks better with WG, but my friends black car didn't shine as much with it. Not as big a difference in before/after. I'm going to hit it with the LS this year and see what happens. LS on my gray car didn't look as good/glossy as WG. But it does look a bit deeper.

tuscarora dave
03-24-2011, 05:06 AM
If your black paint isn't fully corrected the sealant will illuminate the paint imperfections and the nuba will tend to hide the defects. I would get both and concentrate on the prep steps first (paint correction) a Denali is a lot of paint to correct so if you're feeling lazy you can use the nuba until you get the hang of your new polisher on black paint.