PDA

View Full Version : Finish Kare 1000P causing marital problems (long)

Pages : [1] 2

rvx290
03-23-2011, 06:27 PM
This amazing product has caused turmoil in my marriage, I will explain....

When we started dating, my wife (then girfriend) admired how shiny my black truck always was, it slowly turned into somewhat of a pet peeve for her after a few years of my constant obsessing over swirls or complaining when it rained or the need to give it a quick detail before going on a road trip and having to completely re-detail it when we returned.
Well we have comprimised somewhat over the past few years, because I admit I used to go over the top & waste alot of time I could have spent with good friends (...not that alone time with a couple beers a Skynyrd album along side some microfiber towels and detailing supplies isnt good company. But I toned it down, and she accepted the fact that I have a bit of ocd with detailed vehicled.

We were fine until early last week, I was so exited when I got my first can of Finish Care 1000p sealant in the mail, spring was coming and I wanted an exceptional sealant to protect it from the nasty road salt, melting snow, muddy sandy streets & the abuse that a Canadian winter/spring throws at it.
Two days after I had put 2 coats of sealant on, the temperature warmed up, snow started melting and it was also raining on my way home from work, the streets were a mess, this was my personal version of hell, but it happens every year, just have to deal with it...
Well I came home from work and my lovely wife greeted me @ the door with a look that could kill. "Why the hell did you wash your truck when you know its going to be muddy for the next week?!, what a f**ing waste of time and money!" Confused I looked behind me only to see my truck (for as nasty as the road conditions were) almost GLEAMING! At a closer glance, there was obviously some muddy water spots, and the tires were not spotless because I never purchased my UTTG yet. ;) But between the fresh sealant and mother natures carwash falling from the sky washing the mud right off, it was by far the cleanest truck on the street & rain was beading off it like crazy, it brought a smile to my face.
I tried hard to convince her that I didnt wash the truck! Even jokingly told her to call my boss because I came home @ the same time as I normally do & the shop I work at is where I always wash it, but it fell upon deaf ears and she was upset with me, I cant wait to apply the 1000P to her car so she can hopefully someday some how understand how a great quality sealant can fight off the elements making less work for me therefore being able to spend more time with her and we can live happily ever after, but until then... I remain in the doghouse.

...ok wow this story went on wayy too long! but it is basically true and I really am impressed with Finish Kare 1000P, wish I would have discovered it long ago, thanks to AG online for recommending it!:props:

ScottB
03-23-2011, 06:30 PM
buy her a new purse or shoes and help her find her hobby, which will in turn help to respect yours.

BobbyG
03-23-2011, 06:44 PM
You both need your own time to do your own thing. Whether you wash your truck then drive it in the mud is no concern of hers and she needs to realize that she'd not your mother.

You do however need to spend quality time with your wife and maybe she feels she's taken a back seat to your hobby if all your spare time is spent there...

rvx290
03-23-2011, 07:01 PM
You guys are too kind! I should have proof read what I wrote, looking it now it looks like a big sob story when it was supposed to be a funny story, but mainly a big thumbs up to how well 1000P has worked out on my truck! ...On another note My wife is amazing and very understanding person and the best thing that ever happened to me, she wasnt really that upset, and I think.. she believes that I didnt wash it seeing as were always brutally honest with eachother :dblthumb2:

BobbyG
03-23-2011, 07:04 PM
Ahhhh, sounds much better now!! :dblthumb2:

Meghan
03-23-2011, 07:41 PM
buy her a new purse or shoes and help her find her hobby, which will in turn help to respect yours.

:iagree:

sydster
03-23-2011, 09:06 PM

+1

It really works! It keeps them quiet for quite sometime. LOL

Bates Detailing
03-23-2011, 09:08 PM
Actually a single rose - and a card are awesome! Can't just sign the card though..... definitely have to google a nice poem and write it in your own handwriting - hope this helps :dblthumb2:

Dr Oldz
03-23-2011, 11:25 PM
:applause:

cutter
03-23-2011, 11:47 PM
A couple of beers, a few good friends bumming around and some Skynyrd!!!! :dblthumb2:

nothelle
03-24-2011, 03:31 AM
Well if she weren't that upset it would probably turned out to be a funny story :D You could probably spent the next 2-3 hours pampering your wife to ease her pain, it'll be raining anyway so you're just allocating that hours pampering your car into pampering your wife...LOL Good luck!

brawl
03-24-2011, 04:53 AM
wow! I am excited to get my hands on my FK1000P can. It is on its way via sea freight. If FK1000P's durability will deliver as advertise, you wife will be thankful that you will spend less time applying LSP.

jpegs13
03-24-2011, 06:21 AM
Buy a gun and learn how to use it....:laughing:

dad07
03-24-2011, 06:37 AM
Buy a gun and learn how to use it....:laughing:

:laughing::laughing:

vet
03-24-2011, 07:22 AM
Buy your honey a single rose and a card once in a while for no reason, just to say you love her. (Don't buy one for the truck, lol).

My ex was jealous of my '69 Charger, always putting me down to our friends with "If it was between that car and me, he'd keep the car." After a few years of it, I finally said "Why not, the car's always been faithful, and is always there for me when I need it."

I kept the Charger for a few years after the divorce, but lack of time, money, and space for it was too much, so I sold it.