PDA

View Full Version : Introduction and question

joshman1204
03-22-2011, 08:21 PM
I am new to these boards and have learned a ton over the last month or so and really appreciate all of the great info! I run a mobile paint business and service mostly used car dealers. I know everyone here probably hates mobile painters and dealerships are generally the worst but I actually care enough to do a good job.

When I started mobile the guy training me gave me a dewalt rotary and a wool pad and said here ya go. After several months of creating hologram art all over cars I decided there had to be a better way. That is what brought me here...

So I ordered some LC CCS pads and menzerna PG and megs m105/m205 about a month ago and had some really good results even on darker colored cars which I now know I was totally destroying before.

In an effort to take it to the next step I placed another order consisting of the following:

Porter cable DA polisher
LC 5.5" pads in yellow/white/orange/black/blue
Menzerna Power Gloss
Menzerna Super intense Polish
Menzerna Super Finish
Menzerna Final Finish

My plan is to use the rotary with either PG or SIP to do the correcting work and then on darker colored vehicles I will switch to the PC and use the super finish or final finish to finish them off.

Is this a decent plan? Is there something missing that I need to be doing in addition to these steps?

Thanks!

Perfections
03-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Are you only going to be working with freshly painted panels?

joshman1204
03-22-2011, 08:38 PM
no I very rarely have to buff my paint. I am generally buffing cars that have been neglected by their previous owners and are covered in small surface scratches. I also get atleast 3 or 4 trucks a weeks that are covered from front to back with tree branch scratches.

If I do have to buff my fresh paint I use the 3m line of products strictly for that purpose.

Perfections
03-22-2011, 09:10 PM
O then yea your set, on factory paint you got all the chemicals and tools to do 90+% of the work for almost any situation. Theres a ton of "different" chemicals out there but the ones you mentioned that you just added I could make work for 99% of the customers I work with.