PDA

View Full Version : XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze

Surfer
12-29-2006, 08:01 PM
Searched and there were a couple random threads, but it's been awhile and maybe more poeple have used it. Just got some and looking for feedback (everything I saw before pointed to it being an excellent product). I keep smelling it and can't wait to use:D So how many of you have used it now??

Reason I got it is I'm not much of a glaze guy, used RMG before, and don't like how that "look" they give washes away after a couple washes. And from what I found I guess b/c the XMT Glaze isn't as heavy in oils/fillers and has carnauba content that when topped, it's look doesn't really fade as noticeably. Another glaze I'll be buying sometime is that Acrylic Glaze Danase has (version of CG EZ Cream Glaze) as it adds great wettness as well and is durable being acrylic, doesn't really have corrective abilities, more of a gloss enchancer, and w/ no cleaning ability can be layered (I believe AL-53 on here has used it before). I made mention to AG that they should have a product like that as it is pretty cool.

I need to polish my truck and since XMT Glaze acts like a cleaner/final polish I pry won't even bother with aio after polishing and just do an alcohol wipedown then straight to XMT. Then top the glaze with 2-3 layers of Natty's Blue with a touch of AW or FCS maybe to buff off each layer. Gonna see how awsome we can get white to look, previous combo was 2 layers of EX-P and 2 layers of NB which I liked.

6LS2
12-29-2006, 08:08 PM
Lol hell yeah it smells awesome!:awesome:

XMT Glaze hides imperfections and gives the paint more of a wet look, I've got a bottle and I can't wait to use it either Im the MAN

Grimm
12-29-2006, 08:09 PM
Ditto that. I got mine as a gift from Meghan a couple months ago, but with the change in weather haven't been able to try it yet.

trhland
12-29-2006, 08:19 PM
Does It Take Of PREVIUS Wax?

Surfer
12-29-2006, 08:21 PM
Does It Take Of Wax?edit - I don't know where my mind is at, for some reason I thought you were talking about AquaWax LOL (thought I was on a different thread). So disregard my previous post lol, but yeh I believe XMT Glaze will take your wax off as it has cleaning ability.

joe.p
12-29-2006, 10:53 PM
Totoland has showed a few BMW's with the XMT glaze ..Look thru his threads..or see if he'll chime inn..

ltoman
12-30-2006, 01:48 AM
Ditto that. I got mine as a gift from Meghan a couple months ago, but with the change in weather haven't been able to try it yet.

sorry, but it did not hide the nasties on my hood. tried it tonight, for what was not the first time.
worked nicely on the pc-ed saturn tho!!
(my vette's paint sux!) I wanna look like Justin's cars!

Surfer
12-30-2006, 11:36 AM
sorry, but it did not hide the nasties on my hood. tried it tonight, for what was not the first time.
worked nicely on the pc-ed saturn tho!!
(my vette's paint sux!) I wanna look like Justin's cars!I don't think XMT Glaze has full hiding capability (which I'm not worried about) since it doesn't seem to be full of the fillers most glazes have, looks like its more of an cleaner/oil/carnauba product. Soemthing like Clearkote RMG is heavy on fillers, even some polishes like Poorboys have fillers which is why its good to do a wipedown after using them and repolish if necessary.

supercharged
12-30-2006, 12:47 PM
Searched and there were a couple random threads, but it's been awhile and maybe more poeple have used it. Just got some and looking for feedback (everything I saw before pointed to it being an excellent product). I keep smelling it and can't wait to use:D So how many of you have used it now??

Reason I got it is I'm not much of a glaze guy, used RMG before, and don't like how that "look" they give washes away after a couple washes. And from what I found I guess b/c the XMT Glaze isn't as heavy in oils/fillers and has carnauba content that when topped, it's look doesn't really fade as noticeably. Another glaze I'll be buying sometime is that Acrylic Glaze Danase has (version of CG EZ Cream Glaze) as it adds great wettness as well and is durable being acrylic, doesn't really have corrective abilities, more of a gloss enchancer, and w/ no cleaning ability can be layered (I believe AL-53 on here has used it before). I made mention to AG that they should have a product like that as it is pretty cool.

I need to polish my truck and since XMT Glaze acts like a cleaner/final polish I pry won't even bother with aio after polishing and just do an alcohol wipedown then straight to XMT. Then top the glaze with 2-3 layers of Natty's Blue with a touch of AW or FCS maybe to buff off each layer. Gonna see how awsome we can get white to look, previous combo was 2 layers of EX-P and 2 layers of NB which I liked.
Surfer, we wanna see some pictures. How about before and after photos?

Surfer
12-30-2006, 01:31 PM
Surfer, we wanna see some pictures. How about before and after photos?Will do:cheers:, finally cleaned the garage today so now I can fit at least two trucks in, I barely had room to walk down the middle before LOL.

sparkie
12-30-2006, 10:36 PM
I'm with supercharged on this! :Picture:

Surfer
12-30-2006, 11:47 PM
Now I really can't wait to use XMT Carnauba Glaze, courtesy of Totoland:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/BlackRoush_XMTfinishglaze2.jpg

Whitethunder46
12-30-2006, 11:53 PM
Couple questions on this.

I know it has some carnauba, so can it and has anyone ever used it in the sun? Also is it a WOWO product?? Can you do the entire vehicle and then buff off instead of panel by panel?