PDA

View Full Version : What, exactly, is Aquawax

Pages : [1] 2

RFulmer
12-29-2006, 08:00 PM
I got my second order of the week in the mail today from AutoGeek (I'm addicted) and one thing I ordered was a gallon of Duragloss Aquawax.

I applied two coats to my car this evening and I a little confused as to what Aquawas is.

From all the reviews I read I was expecting something thicker that i would spray on, wait on it to haze and then wipe it off (like a spray wax). What I got was more like a spray detailer. Mist it on, wipe it around, flip the towel and give it a final buff.

I must say, that of all the stuff I ordered this week this Aquawax will end up, most likely, being my favorite. I don't think my car has ever shined so much and from what others have said it will even be better tomorrow after the AW has had time to sit. I have two coats of Z-2 under it. And it smells good to boot.

But I'm wondering if this is something I need to use as wax and do once a month or so (garage kept car) or is like QD that I spray on each time I wash the car.

I can't stop looking out into the garage at how nice the car looks after putting this stuff on.

Thanks,, (Now I'm off to fill my shopping cart for the 3rd time this week)

Russell

Surfer
12-29-2006, 08:07 PM
It's a spray sealant that happens to bond well over a carnauba as well. I just ordered some more as well, love it. I tried it on one of our other vehicles before stripping down and using EX-P and Collinite 915. It looked great and beaded water off for well over a month by itself. I would use the DG Fast Clean and Shine qd'er after every wash, and once a month hit it with AW.

And yes, wait till the next day, it will look great after using AW

Mike T
12-29-2006, 10:21 PM
Damn.... Placed an order today and left this stuff off :mad:

RFulmer
12-29-2006, 11:56 PM
Damn.... Placed an order today and left this stuff off :mad:

For it's price it's a no brainer to try out at least the small bottle. Heck, with the 20% off it was under $20.00 for a whole gallon.

As far as orders go. I have placed two orders and received two orders this week and have several items in my shopping cart now which I'll be clicking the submit button on late Sunday night before the sale goes off. You never know, maybe there will be a midnight madness event after 11:00 p.m. on the 31st. Not only save 20% but also get free shipping (I'm dreaming). :D AutoGeek sure does get the orders out quickly.

Below is a photo of the stuff I have gotten from AutoGeek just this week. I'm detailing my mothers car tomorrow, which is pretty much trashed, and I'll get good use out of a lot of them.

Russell

http://users.tombigbee.com/russf/stuff.jpg

supercharged
12-30-2006, 12:09 AM
Yes, it's a spray sealant booster, kinda like Wolfgang. Or QD+, because it is more then just a QD.

Whitethunder46
12-30-2006, 12:26 AM
I ordered my first bottle of AW today, a long with a lot of other goodies.

ryandamartini
12-30-2006, 12:40 AM
It's a spray sealant that happens to bond well over a carnauba as well. I just ordered some more as well, love it. I tried it on one of our other vehicles before stripping down and using EX-P and Collinite 915. It looked great and beaded water off for well over a month by itself. I would use the DG Fast Clean and Shine qd'er after every wash, and once a month hit it with AW.

And yes, wait till the next day, it will look great after using AW

what he said,

But I believe it to be a mixture of the Bible, Sex, Souveran, and XMT polish in a bottle! O.O;

RFulmer
12-30-2006, 12:45 AM
It definitely added to the wetness on my pearl white. More so than any QD I have ever used. All I ever really see from any quick detailer is more cleaning than shine. This AW is something else for sure. I like it.

My hood under the garage lights tonight.

http://users.tombigbee.com/russf/pearlwhite.jpg

ltoman
12-30-2006, 01:23 AM
It definitely added to the wetness on my pearl white. More so than any QD I have ever used. All I ever really see from any quick detailer is more cleaning than shine. This AW is something else for sure. I like it.

My hood under the garage lights tonight.

http://users.tombigbee.com/russf/pearlwhite.jpgNNNNNNIIICCCEEE!!!!!:righton:

ScottB
12-30-2006, 09:18 AM
alot of the newer spray waxes are more like qd'ers in that they only need a spray and wipe. They dont seem to last as long as their older, harder to use counterparts, but darn easy for reapplication weekly.

Pinnacles Crystal Mist, Duragloss 921 or Aquawax, Finish Kare 425, and Poorboys Spray/Gloss are some recent nice ones.

Mike T
12-30-2006, 09:48 AM
How would you compare Aquawax to Crystal Mist?

supercharged
12-30-2006, 10:02 AM
How would you compare Aquawax to Crystal Mist?
I used both and will tell you that Crystal Mist is the best carnauba based spray wax/detailer. I like using it over carnauba. It's kinda expensive, but is worth a try. Duragloss AW is polymer based spray sealant, works good with both carnauba, and sealant, is very similar to Wolfgang Spritz Spray sealant.

ScottB
12-30-2006, 10:47 AM
same exact thing .. both are what I call qd'er+ .... they both can add to a sealant or a wax (CM on waxes is incredible) and both last about as long as the next wax. Infact, I would give the beading factor to CM and maybe an edge in gloss to AW or 921 by Duragloss . These both also measure well against FK425, but they do not offer the anti-static properties I have witnessed with the FK.

RFulmer
12-30-2006, 04:30 PM
Thanks for all the info about these types of products.

I washed my wife's white 4-Runner today and finished it off with AW and I can only say good things about this stuff. The only way I can describe it, with photography as my other hobby, is it adds a lot of "Contrast" to the white paint on her car and a lot of wet/gloss.

Some times I have a hard time seeing a difference for any of the other spray's I have used but this time I can a difference.

I like it. I'm glad I bought a gallon (which at the rate I'm going wont last long :-)

sparkie
12-30-2006, 11:45 PM
I http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.com/forums/images/worship.gif (javascript:emoticon(':worship');) DG#951 AW! And it's looks better the next day!