PDA

View Full Version : do you guys glaze?????

trhland
12-29-2006, 06:55 PM
do you think its nessesery to apply a glaze after polishing? or go right to wax. ive been polishing then wax after and are very happy with the resultswhat do you guys think is useing a glaze like pinnacle worth it .or just skip this step

BILL
12-29-2006, 07:06 PM
do you think its nessesery to apply a glaze after polishing? or go right to wax. ive been polishing then wax after and are very happy with the resultswhat do you guys think is useing a glaze like pinnacle worth it .or just skip this step

FOR ME???????? ID SAY SKIP IT........unless you want to temporary hide in perfections.........

ScottB
12-29-2006, 07:10 PM
only really adds value to light scratching and mundane carnaubas. Waxes like Souveran paste already have enough oil and gloss, just need to make sure the paint is clean and polished as needed.

trhland
12-29-2006, 07:12 PM
thanks guys !!!!!

trhland
12-29-2006, 08:22 PM
can i uses the glaze everytime before i wax? if i have a couple coats of wax on my car from previus waxing and i want to uses the glaze one day will it pull off all the wax i put on the time before?

Surfer
12-29-2006, 08:25 PM
Most glazes like RMG have abrassive qualities that will strip down whatever you have on, even XMT has some cleaning ability that will take your wax away as a fresh start. Only glaze that comes to mind that you may be able to put over your wax is to try Wet Glaze from Danase as it's an acrylic with no cleaning/corrective ability, just a gloss enchancer. I think Megs #7 as well but not sure on it, though people have put it over a wax and topped again. The Wet Glaze from Danase may work, but it will look best if you use the PC to work it into the paint like any other glaze.

justin_murphy
12-30-2006, 06:53 AM
I do it really out of time left and the customer. Color and car make me decide to. That Viper I did got 2 coats of Megs #7.

joe.p
12-30-2006, 07:21 AM
I do it really out of time left and the customer. Color and car make me decide to. That Viper I did got 2 coats of Megs #7.
I used Megs #7 and i had no problems with removal..I have read where others had issues with removal..did you have any problems with it? I know the durability is less then par so i applied a LSP did you need one with the viper?

justin_murphy
12-30-2006, 07:23 AM
I used Megs #7 and i had no problems with removal..I have read where others had issues with removal..did you have any problems with it? I know the durability is less then par so i applied a LSP did you need one with the viper?

Yeah. I topped the #7 with 2 coats of #26.
I too had no problems removing #7. Just never let it dry and do one panel at a time.

joe.p
12-30-2006, 08:28 AM
Yeah. I topped the #7 with 2 coats of #26.
I too had no problems removing #7. Just never let it dry and do one panel at a time.
I don't have #26 but will give this combo a shot with #16..Dude the viper is phenominal.you have acheived a great clientele base in such a short time..Thats a testament to the quality of work you perform..

Happy New year with the hopes of 07 bringing you a profitable year for you and your family..

joe

justin_murphy
12-30-2006, 08:38 AM
I don't have #26 but will give this combo a shot with #16..Dude the viper is phenominal.you have acheived a great clientele base in such a short time..Thats a testament to the quality of work you perform..

Happy New year with the hopes of 07 bringing you a profitable year for you and your family..

joe
Well thank you joe!!!
Things did move alot faster than I would have ever imagined.

Can't wait to see what 07 brings!!!

joe.p
12-30-2006, 10:12 AM
Well thank you joe!!!
Things did move alot faster than I would have ever imagined.

Can't wait to see what 07 brings!!!
I'm sure it will only get better..