PDA

View Full Version : 1 more ?

ALLN1WASH
03-22-2011, 12:56 AM
Altight AG, I have one more question, For the time being.

I know I responded to a thread recently about different type of vacuums we were using. Ive read through it and cannot find exactly what I was looking for, anyhow.

A friend of mine cane by today as I was detailing a car and asked if he could use my vacuum.

Well I gave him my lowes 5 gallon shop Vac which I use for mobile purposes. About 10 minutes later he cane into the shop laughing and stated that my vacc was weak. He went on to say that HD, which is where he works, had a 5g ridged stor-n-go that will suck the carpet right from the floor.
Well, I told him where he could kiss it and continued my business. Later on I started thinking on it, and heck, a wall mount would actually be awesome and I could definitely use the additionAl floor space.

? Is first off, is anyone familiar with these units and their ability?
Secondly, had anyone mounted something like this in their mobile unit?
Thanks AG

BobbyG
03-22-2011, 06:51 AM
While I don't have any hands-on experience with the exact model your friend mentioned, I do have a small Rigid vacuum from Home Depot that really sucks, no pun intended.

I've been looking for something to replace my old Craftsman shop-vac so I too have done been doing some research and from what I've read the Shop-Vac units sold at Lowe's receive "OK" reviews however the Rigid units sold at Home Depot get high marks across the board.

Another big plus is the relatively low cost of the Rigid units making them all that more appealing..

Don't confuse my recommendation with Home Depot loyalty because I'm not a Home Depot fan at all, just the opposite, I much prefer Lowe's but when it comes to satisfying my needs it's me I'm loyal to..

Autogeek also offers:

Interior Car Care: products to clean & protect all plastic, vinyl, leather, rubber & fabrics... vinyl protectant, leather cleaner, conditioner, (http://autogeek.net/indet.html)

ExoticAutoDetai
03-22-2011, 07:25 AM
Ridgid vacuums are really strong and great no matter the size of them.

I also have the blue lowes vacuum but haven't tried it I need to buy a new hose for it. Also keep in mind the smaller the nozzle the better it is.

Exotic Auto Detail via tapatalk