PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Colorchip advice

VW 91
03-21-2011, 10:19 PM
Ok so I got a call from a customer with an Infinitti G35 that wants his car detailed top to bottom and was also asking for a recommendation on touch up paint for some spots he has on his doors/front bumper. My question is, when would be the best time to do the Dr. Colorchip, before or after the detail. I was thinking to do it afterwords.

I remember seeing a thread on here with someones Trailblazer SS that was corrected and then they applied the Dr. Colorchip afterwords and had fantastic results. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!

Midnight1700
03-21-2011, 10:41 PM
I use a different system but I would assume Dr. Colorchip would be the same. It's recommened that the touchup be done after the final polishing step. Let the paint dry and then do a spot polishing to blend in the repair. Then seal and wax. Hope that helps....

Rayaz
03-21-2011, 10:44 PM
I'm not a pro but I do have some experience with Dr. Colorchip. I have filled everything from small nicks to pencil eraser sized damage with great results. I even tried it on a linerar scratch (they don't recommend that) and it came out well. Far better than the factory touch up blobs but not invisible like the chips.
I always detail the car and then use propsol on a Q-tip to clean the area to be repaired. You are going to lose the wax around the area when you blend anyway. I let it sit a week or two and then re-wax or seal the area I worked on. I don't think it is recommended to wax or seal over a fresh repair and that make sense to me. Hope this helps.