PDA

View Full Version : Meg D 151

ChineseGuy
03-21-2011, 04:34 PM
Is it a 1 step polish product? and is ti cut very well too?

cobalt9123
03-21-2011, 05:01 PM
Yes, it is what we consider an all-in-one product.

It will finish down very nicely and leave a layer of wax also. The cut it has is, in my opinion, is right between M105 and M205.

ALLN1WASH
03-21-2011, 07:37 PM
Really?.?.? I was just about to start a thread in the same topic.

A few months ago, I asked for advise on an aio, and this product was highly recommended. My ? Was actually going to be on the amount of CUT this product has. Being that colbalt alredy stated his opinion, how do the rest of you D151 users rate the cut& finish of this product.

Also, how easy/difficult is this product to lay down correctly. And what type of polishers are you all using?

cobalt9123
03-21-2011, 07:44 PM
Really?.?.? I was just about to start a thread in the same topic.

A few months ago, I asked for advise on an aio, and this product was highly recommended. My ? Was actually going to be on the amount of CUT this product has. Being that colbalt alredy stated his opinion, how do the rest of you D151 users rate the cut& finish of this product.

Also, how easy/difficult is this product to lay down correctly. And what type of polishers are you all using?

As for the second and third questions, I would consider this product very easy to lay down correctly and very easy to work with. It has a much longer working time than, say, M105, but also doesn't have as much cut.

Currently, I use a Griot's Garage DA Polisher. :dblthumb2:

NoBama316
03-21-2011, 07:45 PM
This comparison picture is from Mike Phillips when he was at Meguiar's. Left (most cut) to right (less cut)

BobbyG
03-21-2011, 07:46 PM
Meguiar's D151 is a very nice all-in-one product and is aggressive enough with something like a Lake Country Yellow cutting pad to remove severe defects and can also be adjusted to produce a swirl free finish.

Use a Yellow cutting pad for heavy defects then switch to an orange, then white to adjust the cut and finish of the product.

Meguiar's D151 can be used with both rotary and dual action machines...

dad07
03-21-2011, 07:47 PM
As for the second and third questions, I would consider this product very easy to lay down correctly and very easy to work with. It has a much longer working time than, say, M105, but also doesn't have as much cut.

Currently, I use a Griot's Garage DA Polisher. :dblthumb2:

:iagree:

ALLN1WASH
03-21-2011, 07:58 PM
Cool, thanks fellas. I'm ordering now, although somethings telling me to wait just a week longer. I'm seeing everyone posting about some type of possible spring sale. Whatever, I need it now.
Thanks again...