PDA

View Full Version : No BS Is The Flex 3401 Really Worth It?

Pages : 1 [2]

goathead
03-21-2011, 05:49 PM
Can't go wrong with the Flex. I just upgraded a few months back from an original PC and you get much more cut, faster. Love the machine.

C. Charles Hahn
03-21-2011, 06:30 PM
There are different "Tool Camps", you'll find loyal fans of all the tools we talk about here on the AG forum. (Mike.Phillips@Autogeek.net)

Indeed... and there are even crazy people like me who are from the camp who just feels that a man (or woman) can never have too many tools... I love them all! :props:

BobbyG
03-21-2011, 06:42 PM
In a word... when comparing tools to tools, "yes".

Mike is a man of few words....;)..................but he's absolutely correct. :props:

Josh@BR
03-21-2011, 07:13 PM
Thanks again to everyone for the great feedback! You have sold me lol. I'll be calling tomorrow to make my purchase. I'm gonna sell my old PC to help pay a lil towards this Flex. I'm so freaking excited to try this out on some swirled out black paint. I really think the PC was holding back the performance of my Menzerna Powergloss before so we shall see:)

C. Charles Hahn
03-21-2011, 07:43 PM
Thanks again to everyone for the great feedback! You have sold me lol. I'll be calling tomorrow to make my purchase. I'm gonna sell my old PC to help pay a lil towards this Flex. I'm so freaking excited to try this out on some swirled out black paint. I really think the PC was holding back the performance of my Menzerna Powergloss before so we shall see:)

Just keep in mind that if you ever want to do any machine sanding with an electric DA, you will need your PC or an equivalent machine. The Flex can't be used for that purpose. :dblthumb2:

Josh@BR
03-21-2011, 08:03 PM
Just keep in mind that if you ever want to do any machine sanding with an electric DA, you will need your PC or an equivalent machine. The Flex can't be used for that purpose. :dblthumb2:

Thanks for the tip but I wont be doing any sanding with a da for a long time. If I do any sanding at all I would probably just use my drill or hand.

DonMTV
03-22-2011, 12:53 PM
I kept my original 7424 after I got my Flex 3401 because I use it for the smaller areas using 4" pads. You are better off keeping it as you probably won't get much for it when selling it. You can also get some brushes for it and use it on your carpets. Many others will tell you the same thing. You might regret getting rid of it.

Take care,
Don

Josh@BR
03-22-2011, 02:51 PM
Well I just ordered the Flex at lunch and should have it by Friday:) All in all I think this was a wise purchase for me and my business. And yeah I may keep the PC just for backup or to switch between polishing steps on the fly. Thanks again for the help everyone!

jimmyjam
03-22-2011, 03:09 PM
I orderd my second Flex last night!

Josh@BR
03-22-2011, 03:37 PM

Lol it must be a good product if you got two of them. Do you already have a rotary as well?

jimmyjam
03-22-2011, 04:19 PM
Lol it must be a good product if you got two of them. Do you already have a rotary as well?

No I'm not to that level yet, but you'll know you made right decision as soon as you open your package with the new Flex3401!! I got the VIP package plus a load of new pads/Menzerna 85rd...Whoot whoot!! Congrats on your Flex Josh!! Your gonna have to let us know what you think of it okay.

C. Charles Hahn
03-22-2011, 04:42 PM

I've heard of a double-fisted drinker.... but a double-fisted polisher? :laughing:

5.4 Shelby
03-22-2011, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the tip but I wont be doing any sanding with a da for a long time. If I do any sanding at all I would probably just use my drill or hand.
Keep the PC if you can. You can put a 3.5in backing plate on it and use 4in pads for tight areas. I kpet my original 7424 and do that with it. It is nice to have it ready to go and not change BPs in the middle. I dnt think the Flex will do small pads, will it?

Josh@BR
03-22-2011, 09:06 PM
No I'm not to that level yet, but you'll know you made right decision as soon as you open your package with the new Flex3401!! I got the VIP package plus a load of new pads/Menzerna 85rd...Whoot whoot!! Congrats on your Flex Josh!! Your gonna have to let us know what you think of it okay.

Yeah me either. I'm really hoping the Flex can help bring out the full potential of my Menzerna products(loooove the 85rd btw). I'll be sure to write a little review/comparison with the PC later on when I get a good specimen for testing:)

Keep the PC if you can. You can put a 3.5in backing plate on it and use 4in pads for tight areas. I kpet my original 7424 and do that with it. It is nice to have it ready to go and not change BPs in the middle. I dnt think the Flex will do small pads, will it?

Yeah that sounds like a good idea with the 3.5 bp. I bought a 6" bp and never used it so I'll probably try to sell it to get one of those. As far as I know the smallest bp they make for the Flex is the 4 3/8" but it's not out yet. It is available for pre order on AG.

top banana
03-23-2011, 04:04 PM
I just received my Flex 3401 from Autogeek today. I can't wait to try it out. It better be all that everyone says it is. $349 is A LOT of money.