PDA

View Full Version : Help

Desert Detail & More
03-21-2011, 12:00 AM
I detailed my mother 00 Chevy Express van yesterday. Color is black, and wasn't maintained properly. I practice on it with my new PC 7424xp with a LC orange pad with XMT medium swirl remover, and XMT finishing glaze. I washed the van, clay bared, and washed again. I got my PC ready with the orange pad, misted it with pad lube, then put a X pattern of product on pad. Spreaded product over section, then worked in swirl remover set at number 3. I moved the setting up to number 5 and worked it in using Mike's 6 passes up and down, and side to side. I buffed off the product, and look at my amazement, then applied the fishing glaze. I turned on the halogens and to my amazement it look like I did nothing. Under sunlight it looked like a mirror, but under light weel it was different. Now this is 11 year old paint that was abused, I guess I should have used a yellow pad with a heavy swirl remover. Or do I need a FLEX rotary for paint this poor?

Thank you AG for all the great products I buy from you, and teaching me things to improve my detail skills....

Dr Oldz
03-21-2011, 12:07 AM
Sounds like you need a more aggressive product. A 5.5 inch pad is also key to correction with the pc.

Kristopher1129
03-21-2011, 12:16 AM
Got any pictures??

Desert Detail & More
03-21-2011, 12:19 AM
Got any pictures??Yeah I got some, but got to download them.

Desert Detail & More
03-21-2011, 12:20 AM
Sounds like you need a more aggressive product. A 5.5 inch pad is also key to correction with the pc.

I think I got 6.5 if so I need to get some 5.5 on my next order with a new backing plate.