PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a detailer in Maryland

Bonefish
03-20-2011, 05:48 PM
Looking for a detailer in Maryland....to do a wash and wax on my 2010 Corvette. Paint has been corrected but, may need to be checked. Looks good to me but, I'm open to check.

I'm in Germantown, MD so, hopefully your close. If this is the wrong place to post...tell me where or move mods....thanks!

CEE DOG
03-20-2011, 10:52 PM
Bonefish, can you post some pictures of the areas you are concerned with? That info might give people in the area of an idea. if the paint has been corrected it sounds like you could easily just wash and wax it. If you are not up to it hopefully somebody in your area will see this and can offer a wax job.

Bonefish
03-21-2011, 07:22 AM
Bonefish, can you post some pictures of the areas you are concerned with? That info might give people in the area of an idea. if the paint has been corrected it sounds like you could easily just wash and wax it. If you are not up to it hopefully somebody in your area will see this and can offer a wax job.

Honestly it just needs a wash and wax. I had a paint correction done and it should be fine...I can talk to you in a PM about it Cee Dog if you like. Prefer not to spill the details on it. Car is fine.....however he and I did not see eye to eye so, we have mutually parted ways as far as working together.

I may try it myself..however I prefer to drive the car and not spend 20 hours detailing it...but, if I have to I have too. I've done it before...several times..it's just not what I like doing.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-21-2011, 11:42 AM
Honestly it just needs a wash and wax. I had a paint correction done and it should be fine...

Why do you need a wash and wax? I would assume the car was waxed when it was corrected.

Bonefish
03-21-2011, 12:01 PM
Why do you need a wash and wax? I would assume the car was waxed when it was corrected.

It was not due a clear bra install..and the detailer thought or said he would not as it should not. My installer disagreed but, he did not wax..so, that's why I need it.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-21-2011, 12:10 PM
It was not due a clear bra install..and the detailer thought or said he would not as it should not. My installer disagreed but, he did not wax..so, that's why I need it.
Makes sense. I wouldn't wax a car before it had a clear bra installed. I would want the paint as bare as possible.

Sent using Tapatalk

Bonefish
03-21-2011, 12:12 PM
I wouldn't wax a car before it had a clear bra installed. I would want the paint as bare as possible.

Sent using Tapatalk

Well it was...so, I should be good there. However..the installer who is pretty good at what he does...and basically took the PPF industry to a new level said it did not matter....at any rate..I just need to wash and wax.

I have found several people at this point so, thanks to everyone...I'm all set!

rwright
03-21-2011, 12:17 PM
Well it was...so, I should be good there. However..the installer who is pretty good at what he does...and basically took the PPF industry to a new level said it did not matter....at any rate..I just need to wash and wax.

I have found several people at this point so, thanks to everyone...I'm all set!

So the installer said it was ok if the car was waxed? My guess is that he would strip the area anyway, at least I would hope so. Why not just wash and wax it yourself? The hard part is over.

Bonefish
03-21-2011, 12:20 PM
So the installer said it was ok if the car was waxed? My guess is that he would strip the area anyway, at least I would hope so. Why not just wash and wax it yourself? The hard part is over.

Because I bought the car to drive not wash....I know it's apart of the deal..I just don't feel like doing it this time. I've done several cars of the years and it's getting old. If I had a house with a hose..might be a little easier..but, apartment that I have to use the coin op then rush home to dry and finish...

The installer waxed a part of the car in front of me to do the clear bra install..and installed right on top of it. That part looks awesome..so, I think it was not an issue...everyone just thinks it is. I watched the whole install....