PDA

View Full Version : wax residue cleanup

dalesstuff75
03-20-2011, 04:09 PM
how do you clean wax residue off of black plastic trim pieces?

AeroCleanse
03-20-2011, 04:29 PM
IPA 50/50 with water

jpegs13
03-20-2011, 04:34 PM
Wax Blaster Wax Remover dissolves errant wax stains on rubber & plastic exterior trim in minutes! trim, wax stain, white wax, molding, rubber, (http://www.autogeek.net/wax-remover.html)

Flash Gordon
03-20-2011, 04:53 PM
Wax over the infected area with a carnuba paste and wipe off before it has a chance to dry. Sounds crazy, but it works

CleanGene
03-20-2011, 05:08 PM
Diluted APC+ works well for me.

James K
03-20-2011, 05:17 PM
Duragloss wax eraser.

dalesstuff75
03-21-2011, 06:51 AM
thanks everyone. i'll give some of these things a try.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-21-2011, 07:01 AM
All purpose cleaner like Optimum Power Clean or Meg's APC+

sohail99
03-21-2011, 07:05 AM
Wax over the infected area with a carnuba paste and wipe off before it has a chance to dry. Sounds crazy, but it works

Or maybe the liquid that collects over Collinite 845!? lol!!

I too have some stained trim!

I'll have a go at it with cleanse all and mothers small brush!

btw any products to repair/mask scratched trim caused by hack rotary guy!!? :confused:

Mike Phillips
03-21-2011, 07:33 AM
Since this was your first post here...

Welcome to Autogeek Online! :welcome

how do you clean wax residue off of black plastic trim pieces?

Usually some type of nylon brush used to agitate the trim and some of the products mentioned here to dissolve and loosen the wax residue and then wipe the area with a cloth.

There's a brand new product out for this by my friend Richard Lin, check it out...

Pre-WOW Pre-Cleaner by Black WOW, black wow trim cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/pre-wow-trim-pre-cleaner.html)

btw any products to repair/mask scratched trim caused by hack rotary guy!!?

If the trim has been physically altered, it's going to be hard to do any type of repair to it and make it look original.

:)

Flash Gordon
03-21-2011, 08:32 AM
Or maybe the liquid that collects over Collinite 845!? lol!!

Yea maybe so. 845 is sheer awesomeness

I too have some stained trim!

Stained trim wreaks of ameturity. I won't you to get outside today and remove that sloppiness

I'll have a go at it with cleanse all and mothers small brush!

Suit yourself, but my way is easier

btw any products to repair/mask scratched trim caused by hack rotary guy!!? :confused:

lol. burntup trim ranks somewhere up in the top 5 worst things in life. I would suggest you find a salvage yard that specializes in your make/model of car, then replace it yourself

You could remove the piece, sand and repaint, but it would still be noticable to you I would imagine

Good luck on whichever route you choose

sohail99
03-21-2011, 09:11 AM
Actually the bodyshop that painted my car, ran a rotary over every freakin thing!!! Even rubber trim!! :mad:

And now its horrible and white lol! I just couldn't get time to work on it!

Will work on it this Sunday! Thanks for the advise! :xyxthumbs:

HeavyMetal
03-21-2011, 10:17 AM
I've used APC and corn or canola oil. The latter if I had to let it sit. Nitroglycerin also works wonders but is a bit rough on the rest of the car :D.