PDA

View Full Version : Carpet extractor

Pages : [1] 2

dajuanNonly
03-20-2011, 12:42 PM
I'm looking for a good carpet extractor I'm just starting a mobile detail and need something portable but will get job done..dont have alot to spend on it maybe 500 please help thanks

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

BobbyG
03-20-2011, 02:58 PM
:welcome: To Autogeek Online!!

I don't have a lot of experience with them but I think something here might fit the bill..

Carpet cleaners & hot water extractors, carpet shampooer, auto carpet cleaning machine, carpet extractors, carpet cleaning machines, carpet cleaner, (http://www.autogeek.net/carpet-hot-water-extractors.html)

VR8
03-20-2011, 07:19 PM
I have the DurrMaid Mini from the link Bobby is showing you above. Great little extractor. A good size for the mobile detailer.

AeroCleanse
03-20-2011, 07:32 PM
I had a Durrmaid, it stunk. I think Autogeek sells something called the Aztec Hot Rod. Might want to take a look at that.

john b
03-20-2011, 08:32 PM
i thought the duramaid 1600 was getting good reviews or perhaps the mytee

Kristopher1129
03-20-2011, 08:41 PM
I did a TON of research on extractors before I bought one for my mobile unit. The Aztec Hot Rod had rave reviews. The Durrmaid had a ton of bad feedback and issues. I went with the Aztec, but haven't used it yet. I've had nothing but great results with the Mytee Lite II as well.

john b
03-20-2011, 08:52 PM
give us a review after you use it if you dont mind.

Kristopher1129
03-20-2011, 08:54 PM
give us a review after you use it if you dont mind.

I definitely will. I've got a few things I'm gonna be using once the van is setup that I'd like to review. But right now, it's more about setting up the van rather than equipment reviews. I used other peoples reviews to make my purchases...hopefully they were correct!:dblthumb2:

richy
03-21-2011, 01:43 AM
If you're in the $500 range, look at the Gaia steamer by Vapor Clean. It's an extractor, vacuum and steamer all in one. I've had mine for 2 years. You will be amazed at what you can do with steam.

Showroom Shine
03-21-2011, 04:35 AM
I too did my research on extractors before purchasing one. I went with Aztec Hot Rod Hot Spotter! I was told that the Durramaid was junk. Glad I did not buy it!

VR8
03-21-2011, 06:12 AM
Seems I remember reading that the Aztec and the Durrmaid were the same extractor with slight differences like the handle and color. Not sure who told you the Durrmaid was "junk", but I've used it several times every week for almost a year and it doesn't qualify as junk.

dajuanNonly
03-21-2011, 06:35 AM
Man I really appreciate all of yalls feedback it helped a lot...good to know theres a community of ppl that can help me in this business..if any of yall r ever in san antonio look me up I know this city like the back of my hand,...and yes u must visit the alamo!

rwisejr
03-21-2011, 06:49 AM
Another vote for the Aztec Hot Rod I have had mine for 3 yrs and it has beeen Flawless. The Durrmaid and the Aztec are similar but the Durrmaid had design flaws and was why I did not go that route. As far as the new units I can not comment as I have not used those. For me the Aztec Hot Rod has been great for mobilitythat I needed as it fits in the trunk of either of my cars . The length of the hose and cord make it pleasure to use on the big suv's and mini vans with out having to lift it in to the vehicle or move it around for that matter. Just flat out a great unit.

Mike Phillips
03-21-2011, 07:17 AM
I'm looking for a good carpet extractor I'm just starting a mobile detail and need something portable but will get job done..dont have alot to spend on it maybe 500 please help thanks

Hi dajuanNonly,

Just to let you know, I'm going to move this out of the "Introduction Forum Group" and into "Detailing 101"

And welcome to Autogeek Online!

:welcome:

Kristopher1129
03-21-2011, 08:44 AM
Seems I remember reading that the Aztec and the Durrmaid were the same extractor with slight differences like the handle and color. Not sure who told you the Durrmaid was "junk", but I've used it several times every week for almost a year and it doesn't qualify as junk.

Many people on this forum had bad experiences with the Durrmaid. I'm not trying to knock the Durrmaid, cause I've never used it. I'm just going off of what I read on this very forum. Look into it, and you'll see what I'm talking about. There was a lot of negative things said about the Durrmaid.