PDA

View Full Version : Well, my 1st time out

Pages : [1] 2

Darn Yankee
03-19-2011, 07:49 PM
Everything I ordered came in last night, So I got the car washed/clayed and took a couple of photos Last night, Just general ones of the swirls.
Parked it in the garage last night.

Got up this am and started doing a little taping. Then did a test spot on the trunk. I may have been to picky but ended up using the 105 and 205. Was hoping just to use the 205, as the car was fairly new. Buffed out and wiped down and used Wolfgang's 3.0.

Anyway took much longer than I thought and I am not done. Letting it cure over night and then will put NXT Tech wax 2.0. I might as well use it up, Only a small amount left. Then the wheels and windows and it will be ready to go. I was good practice for me. Trying to work my way up to the wifes car. It has been swirled real bad by the dealership.

Thanks for looking, don't look to close you may still see some scratches, hehehehe.

PS, someone could have told me I needed to buy some BEN GAY. I found a couple of muscles I have not used in a couple years, hahaha:props:

The 1st four photos are before, other 2 are after. I know it was my 1st detail but it did not turn out to bad.

Jim

C. Charles Hahn
03-19-2011, 07:57 PM
Very nice! Chevy Cruze, right?

slickooz
03-19-2011, 08:00 PM
Looks Great Jim!! I wished I had jobs that needed paint corrections. Been getting calls lately for just wash/clay/wax, no paint corrections yet. I rather take my time and work on correcting paint, its a lot more fun and the before and after are what WOW people.

Darn Yankee
03-19-2011, 08:08 PM
Yes I is a Chevy Cruze. I like it. Like my Avalanche better but was putting to many miles on it and I do not plan on buying another truck anytime soon.

Thanks for looking,
Jim

cobalt9123
03-19-2011, 08:22 PM
Great work, especially for your first time. :dblthumb2:

I was also surprised at the muscles used/time involved the first time I did a full correction. I had sore muscles and I lift weights almost every day :eek:

Darn Yankee
03-19-2011, 08:33 PM
After 22 years in the Army, I thought I put my body through about everything. I am not real sore but I felt it when I went to mow the yard when I got done, I guess that is why I retired. Knew I was getting a little weathered, lol:xyxthumbs:

Again, thanks for looking

dad07
03-19-2011, 09:05 PM
Great job.......car looks good!:dblthumb2:

DetailedByPrecision
03-19-2011, 10:11 PM
looks good for a first timer

Dr Oldz
03-19-2011, 11:05 PM
Looks awesome!!!!! Very nice work!!! Personally I would skip the NXT and do another coat of WG tho!

Darn Yankee
03-20-2011, 05:30 AM
Dr. Oldz, I did some research after I posted this last night. NXT Tech 2.0 has abrasive properties. So I will not use it. Any suggestions for a trip to auto zone or similar places. Need to finish it today. Anything work good after Wolfgang's 3.0 sealant, to keep the wet look and protect. This is my 65 miles a day to work car, so protection is primary.

Thanks

BobbyG
03-20-2011, 05:42 AM
Hey Jim,

Very nice collection of products and equipment!

That's quite a transformation and the car came out spectacular! :props:

Blue is one of those colors that really benefits from a quality detail.

PA DETAILER
03-20-2011, 06:44 AM
Dr. Oldz, I did some research after I posted this last night. NXT Tech 2.0 has abrasive properties. So I will not use it. Any suggestions for a trip to auto zone or similar places. Need to finish it today. Anything work good after Wolfgang's 3.0 sealant, to keep the wet look and protect. This is my 65 miles a day to work car, so protection is primary.

Thanks

throw a coat of collinite 845 insulator wax on and call it good! :props:

SeaJay's
03-20-2011, 08:52 AM
Nice work!

WRAPT C5Z06
03-20-2011, 09:02 AM

Thanks
Nice job, Mr. Yankee!!!!!!! :props:

Like Dr. Oldz(Jim) said, put another coat of Wolfgang 3.0. :props:

Dr Oldz
03-20-2011, 10:09 AM

Thanks

I would just do a second coat of WG Sealant! From the pics it looks Awesome! WG is a great product that will last! So save the money or spend it on a few beers and admire your hard work!!! :props: