PDA

View Full Version : Wax System Opinions?

Pages : [1] 2

R1DC2
12-29-2006, 01:27 AM
Since I used that Meguiar's Deep Crystal 3-Step system. I was thinking of creating my own wax system. Im trying to create a good step system for myself by gathering products that people recommend and products that have good ratings. I was wondering if this is a good system I created that I should look forward too using... So far I bought the Sealants and Carnauba Waxes... What Paint Cleaners and Polishes do you guys recommend? :rolleyes:

Paint Cleaner ---> P21S Paintwork Cleansing Lotion

Polishes ---> Klasse ALL-IN-ONE Polish

Sealants ---> Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant

Carnaubas ---> Pinnacle Signature Series II Carnauba Paste Wax

Please :grouphug: and let me know your opinions....

Thanks

nick19
12-29-2006, 01:32 AM
Sounds good to me. What kind of car do you have, and what color is it?

Jimmie
12-29-2006, 02:04 AM
Don't know if this is that important but Klasse AIO is an acylic base sealant with no silicone or polymers, and Wolfgang is an oil/water base sealant with polymers. Think I would be more comfortable going ( polish/sealant ) either Klasse AIO/ Klasse SG, or Wolfgang/Wolfgang. Nothing to support what I'm thinking.

supercharged
12-29-2006, 02:43 AM
Paint Cleaner ---> P21S Paintwork Cleansing Lotion, or Pinnacle painwork cleansing lotion

Polishes ---> Klasse ALL-IN-ONE Polish is a chemical cleaner/polish.
True polishes will be Poorboy's SSR, Pinnacle XMT, and Optimum

Sealants ---> Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant or DP surface Shield

Carnaubas ---> Pinnacle Signature Series II Carnauba Paste Wax or DP Max Wax

Jonboy
12-29-2006, 06:09 AM
I'll go along with supercharged or if it's application by hand then look at the Clearcote range as an option

nick19
12-29-2006, 06:38 AM
Klasse HGS, DP Premium Surface Shield (anyone try this out?), or PB EX-P as my main sealent? I have experience with Meguairs #21, and its a decent product, but just exploring my options. I just ordered Klasse AIO, Natty's Blue and some PB QD I'm going to try out. Just looking ahead for my next order... thanks. :cheers:

ScottB
12-29-2006, 07:17 AM
You could always contact a company like Chemical Guys, and have them reproduce their beta line with labels on it showing your name. Private labeling so to speak. Or:

Setup a regimine like you did, and tweak it as you use new products. I would say you could interchange the sealant or wax with several different AG products and still have a show winning outcome.

nick19
12-29-2006, 07:20 AM
Killr, in regards to, who's post are you replying to?

sparkie
12-29-2006, 08:29 AM
Since I used that Meguiar's Deep Crystal 3-Step system. I was thinking of creating my own wax system. Im trying to create a good step system for myself by gathering products that people recommend and products that have good ratings. I was wondering if this is a good system I created that I should look forward too using... So far I bought the Sealants and Carnauba Waxes... What Paint Cleaners and Polishes do you guys recommend? :rolleyes:

Paint Cleaner ---> P21S Paintwork Cleansing Lotion

Polishes ---> Klasse ALL-IN-ONE Polish

Sealants ---> Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant

Carnaubas ---> Pinnacle Signature Series II Carnauba Paste Wax

Please :grouphug: and let me know your opinions....

Thanks

Looks Good to me.

CalgaryDetail
12-29-2006, 12:24 PM
You can never go wrong with the victoria wax system,

its:

Clay (very easy, i think you should give it a try)
lite cleanse (paint cleasner, will really clean up the paint)
and then the VW concoiurs wax (trust me you wont be disapointed)

I would recomened you give this a shot, im sure you will be more then happy

Gary Sword
12-29-2006, 01:22 PM
I have tried Wolfgang DGPS under a Carnauba Paste Wax and recently Klasse AIO under a Carnauba Paste Wax. Both have produced excellant results. I have never tried AIO, a paint sealant and a Carnauba Paste Wax in succession. Has anyone tried all 3 in succession togther and if so how did it come out? Were you trying to get more protection or just a better look?

Surfer
12-29-2006, 01:48 PM
I have tried Wolfgang DGPS under a Carnauba Paste Wax and recently Klasse AIO under a Carnauba Paste Wax. Both have produced excellant results. I have never tried AIO, a paint sealant and a Carnauba Paste Wax in succession. Has anyone tried all 3 in succession togther and if so how did it come out? Were you trying to get more protection or just a better look?Yup, on my truck right now I used AIO -> EX-P -> NB. AIO is just a good chemical cleaner that leaves a light layer of acrylic, really good base for a sealant or carnauba. I just used it to make sure I had a good clean surface after polishing. I have a feeling maybe that's why my combo lasted so long (8 months), EX-P has a resin makeup and must have really bonded strongly with the acrylic layer.

R1DC2
12-30-2006, 06:00 PM
Thank you all for your guys opinion!!! Maybe ill try these combos out Acrylic-->Sealant-->Carnauba. Hope I get a perfect protection and looks... :D
So what Superchaged was mentioning, Klasse AIO isnt a realy polish? A polish is something that contains abrasive cleaners :confused: Not too sure... But majority of the polishes are applied with a machine like a PC... So Pinnacle XMT's lineup are considered polishes? Feed back please

Paint Cleaner ---> P21S Paintwork Cleansing Lotion, or Pinnacle painwork cleansing lotion

Polishes ---> Klasse ALL-IN-ONE Polish is a chemical cleaner/polish.
True polishes will be Poorboy's SSR, Pinnacle XMT, and Optimum

Sealants ---> Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant or DP surface Shield

Carnaubas ---> Pinnacle Signature Series II Carnauba Paste Wax or DP Max Wax

Thanks S/C. Looks like these are pretty good alternative options i should take a look into... So what polishes do you personally use? Also do you aply it by hand or with a PC?

You can never go wrong with the victoria wax system,

its:

Clay (very easy, i think you should give it a try)
lite cleanse (paint cleasner, will really clean up the paint)
and then the VW concoiurs wax (trust me you wont be disapointed)

I would recomened you give this a shot, im sure you will be more then happy

VW... where can i purchase these products... Is it a Canadian base products or do they sell them here in the US as well??

I have tried Wolfgang DGPS under a Carnauba Paste Wax and recently Klasse AIO under a Carnauba Paste Wax. Both have produced excellant results. I have never tried AIO, a paint sealant and a Carnauba Paste Wax in succession. Has anyone tried all 3 in succession togther and if so how did it come out? Were you trying to get more protection or just a better look?

So does the results turn out looking the same??? Also hows the protection between the two?

Yup, on my truck right now I used AIO -> EX-P -> NB. AIO is just a good chemical cleaner that leaves a light layer of acrylic, really good base for a sealant or carnauba. I just used it to make sure I had a good clean surface after polishing. I have a feeling maybe that's why my combo lasted so long (8 months), EX-P has a resin makeup and must have really bonded strongly with the acrylic layer.

:applause: Sweet! When you say AIO is a chemical cleaner, so its not a polish?

Kelso
12-30-2006, 07:04 PM
ive been using the XMT line to polish and have had good results with it. for sealants i like ex-p from poorboys, wolfgang DGPS, and i really wanna use my new DP sealnt( i bought a gallon and havent touched it yet!)
for carnauba waxes, ive used max wax and souveran paste and liquid. all 3 are great. nattys blue just got shipped so i cant wait to try it, but it has great reviews anyways and is probably the cheapest of all mentioned. the smell is spectacular!

nick19
12-30-2006, 07:22 PM
Kelso, PM sent.