PDA

View Full Version : UPS Limbo

Pages : [1] 2

charger368
03-19-2011, 05:37 PM
Bummer... UPS is toying with me. Placed an order on 3/11 and tracked the shipping progress on UPS site. On 3/17 UPS tracking said package arrived at our local UPS station and it was on delivery truck and out for delivery by end of day. No package arrived (Thursday). Site update changed that evening to say package on delivery truck and out for delivery 3/18 by end of day. Still no package (Friday). Yep, site updated again and said package on delivery truck and out for delivery by end of 3/21 (Monday). If package doesn't arrive Monday guess I'll need to check with local UPS to see where they are hiding it. One word for my scheduled detailing activity this weekend - KAPUT!

PA DETAILER
03-19-2011, 06:37 PM
sounds like UPS dropped the ball? hope it arrives monday!

charger368
03-20-2011, 09:27 AM
Thanks. I hope it arrives also. I've placed several orders and have not had any previous UPS delivery problems. This it the first UPS (Undetermined Package Status) problem I've had.

Anyway, went Autogeek shopping again yesterday and ordered some more items. Should have them on Thursday.

Keenan
09 Charger R/T Pearcoat Infernal Red

charger368
03-21-2011, 08:07 PM
Called Autogeek (Customer Service) today to advise them about the UPS no show package. Spoke to Megan who showed genuine concern and interest in my situation.

She placed a trace on the package and all of a sudden UPS change the tracking status from "On the Delivery Vehicle for Delivery by End of Day" to Exception - Tracing Lost Package. The package has been showing out for delivery by end of day since the 17th.

Megan followed up with a very nice email explaining next steps for getting my order to me.

MANY THANKS MEGAN!!!!!

Keenan

jpegs13
03-21-2011, 08:11 PM
Called Autogeek (Customer Service) today to advise them about the UPS no show package. Spoke to Megan who showed genuine concern and interest in my situation.

She placed a trace on the package and all of a sudden UPS change the tracking status from "On the Delivery Vehicle for Delivery by End of Day" to Exception - Tracing Lost Package. The package has been showing out for delivery by end of day since the 17th.

Megan followed up with a very nice email explaining next steps for getting my order to me.

MANY THANKS MEGAN!!!!!

Keenan

Best customer service on the planet! :dblthumb2:

CurlyCara
03-21-2011, 09:16 PM
If you dont mind sharing what do you do when that happens?

LaTuFu
03-21-2011, 09:33 PM
It depends on what happens with the trace. It may just be on a truck and the driver forgot about it. If they find it quickly (and usually do) they will notify you with a new delivery date.

I <3 my Jeep

charger368
03-21-2011, 09:45 PM
Once Autogeek (AG) is contacted and informed of the missing package they initiate the follow-up (package trace). Megan informed me it takes up to 24 hours to get results and know what happened to the package (lost, damaged or etc).

I will be contacted by AG once they know what happened (said Megan). If lost or damaged in transit AG will send me a replacement order.

If for whatever reason the original package arrives AG requested me to inform them so they could cancel the replacement order or provide me info on how to return the original if replacement has already been sent out.

AG was very understanding and made a disenchanting experience (not AGs fault) acceptable knowing that AG was concerned about taking care of you. So far I'm extremely pleased with the customer service AG offers.

This was not my first order with them and there will definitely be more orders in the future!

Keenan

BobbyG
03-22-2011, 01:27 PM
Once Autogeek (AG) is contacted and informed of the missing package they initiate the follow-up (package trace). Megan informed me it takes up to 24 hours to get results and know what happened to the package (lost, damaged or etc).

I will be contacted by AG once they know what happened (said Megan). If lost or damaged in transit AG will send me a replacement order.

If for whatever reason the original package arrives AG requested me to inform them so they could cancel the replacement order or provide me info on how to return the original if replacement has already been sent out.

AG was very understanding and made a disenchanting experience (not AGs fault) acceptable knowing that AG was concerned about taking care of you. So far I'm extremely pleased with the customer service AG offers.

This was not my first order with them and there will definitely be more orders in the future!

Keenan

Keenan,

Any word on the package trace? I'm curious to hear if they've uncovered the mystery of the vanishing detail supplies..

Flash Gordon
03-22-2011, 01:28 PM
UPS sucks donkey. You should always use FEDEX

Regards,

A C Wharton

Meghan
03-22-2011, 01:46 PM
I have Penny working with UPS to find your order, if we do not get an update today we will reship the package to you. I will make sure you get it by this weekend!

BobbyG
03-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Now how can you beat that!! :dblthumb2:

SeaJay's
03-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Keenan,

Any word on the package trace? I'm curious to hear if they've uncovered the mystery of the vanishing detail supplies..

They vanished into the UPS guys garage!

charger368
03-22-2011, 06:58 PM
Keenan,

The package is still unknown. Good news is Megan contacted me and resent my order today and said I should have it by Friday (this Week). Wow - 2 day air replacement.

In all the years dealing with UPS this is a first for me in a package getting on the delivery truck then disappearing.

Thanks for asking.

Keenan

5.4 Shelby
03-22-2011, 07:46 PM
Not that they are more expensive, but, I would gladly pay a little higher price to buy something from AG than to get a "deal" from someone else. I KNOW AG is going to take care of any problems I have. I have seen it over and over on this site. Good customer service goes a long way.