PDA

View Full Version : Paste wax too wet, what should I do?

PPLd
03-19-2011, 08:01 AM
Dear all,

I just received my order from Autogeek.

I have included a Poorboy's Natty's RED Paste wax in the order.
However the paste wax appears to be too wet. When I tried to touch the paste wax with my finger, it feel like strawberry jam rather then a paste wax (which has some oily feeling).

I have tried to search for the consistency of paste wax, and found a post on "How to break in a can of M16". However, I think I have the opposite problem of wax being too wet. How do I turn the wax into the consistency that we normally have for paste wax?

In fact not only the Natty's, but another paste wax turn out to be like that as well in my order. Would the package get frozen in transportation?

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/IMG_0204s.JPG

Emm
03-19-2011, 08:13 AM
Mine looked like that as well, I put in the frig., it's fine now and one of my favorite waxes. I put mine on my PC pad with a plastic putty knife.

James K
03-19-2011, 08:46 AM
I have used it looking just like that. I applied it with my bare hands and it went on nice and thin and came off easier then I expected.

What is the other wax you have like that?

loudog2
03-19-2011, 09:03 AM
Could be a lot of condensation over the trip. Those airplane cargo bays are not heated to well and get cold up there.

TornadoRed
03-19-2011, 11:00 AM
I haven't used Natty's Red but I hear it's a soft wax. Almost like the Dodo soft wax.

PPLd
03-19-2011, 11:25 PM
Would it help if I try to heat the paste wax up a bit to "re-solidify"(if there is such word) the whole thing ?