PDA

View Full Version : First time helping people detail.

ChineseGuy
03-18-2011, 09:49 PM
Two days ago, there was a guy called me and said he wanted me to detail his car, so i said yes. He didn`t tell me what car is it. So today, i was waiting in front of his house for half hour, then he showed up with his 2006 S430 Mercedes . I am kind of shock at that moment, because this is my first time. The car is in very bad shape because he told me that he wash his car with washing powder which use for laundry . So i started off with wash his car with Meg gold class, and clay the car. When i started to M105 with an orange pad, the paint seem to be so hard to work with. then follow up with M205 and Nasty Blue wax. I only finished half the car and started to rain. :( Has anyone knows what product should i use on a S-Class Mercedes Benz.

john b
03-18-2011, 10:20 PM
i believe alot of folks use menzerna polishs on merchadies-but i dont see a problem with your megs.do you have experience with 205 and 105 ?

Shane731
03-18-2011, 10:23 PM
Two days ago, there was a guy called me and said he wanted me to detail his car, so i said yes. He didn`t tell me what car is it. So today, i was waiting in front of his house for half hour, then he showed up with his 2006 S430 Mercedes . I am kind of shock at that moment, because this is my first time. The car is in very bad shape because he told me that he wash his car with washing powder which use for laundry . So i started off with wash his car with Meg gold class, and clay the car. When i started to M105 with an orange pad, the paint seem to be so hard to work with. then follow up with M205 and Nasty Blue wax. I only finished half the car and started to rain. :( Has anyone knows what product should i use on a S-Class Mercedes Benz.

Nasty blue wax, huh? Interesting. :joking::p

A4 1.8tqm
03-18-2011, 11:05 PM
Menz Power Gloss would probably be a good one to try. With hard paint it's important to stick with a small work area, I usually suggest an area the size of 4 of your polishing pads in a square. Slow arm speed is also important, you really have to let the polish and machine do it's thing. Rushing will greatly increase how long the job takes, along with your frustration level. :dblthumb2:

Dr Oldz
03-18-2011, 11:13 PM
105/205 will work great! Menz polishes also work really on MB paint systems! Assuming you have a DA style polisher, the above advice from A4 1.8tqm is spot on! Patience is key!!!

ChineseGuy
03-18-2011, 11:25 PM
Menz Power Gloss would probably be a good one to try. With hard paint it's important to stick with a small work area, I usually suggest an area the size of 4 of your polishing pads in a square. Slow arm speed is also important, you really have to let the polish and machine do it's thing. Rushing will greatly increase how long the job takes, along with your frustration level. :dblthumb2:

i worked on my pc with speed 6 , and with mid pressure and move very slow, but it seem like the cutting power isn`t enough for the hard paint, so i polish the same area for 2 times. My arm muscles hurt like hell after i finished half the car, i will continuer the job on Sunday.

105/205 will work great! Menz polishes also work really on MB paint systems! Assuming you have a DA style polisher, the above advice from A4 1.8tqm is spot on! Patience is key!!!
105 with pc is great, but on that hard paint, it seem like it doesn`t cut very well. Should i use my makita instead? but i am afraid to leave hologram on the car surface :(

Dr Oldz
03-18-2011, 11:31 PM
105 with pc is great, but on that hard paint, it seem like it doesn`t cut very well. Should i use my makita instead? but i am afraid to leave hologram on the car surface :(

If you feel confident with your Makita then yes you can use it .....then go to 205 and the PC and you can obtain a hologram finish! If you don't want to use the Makita, you can still get great results, it will just take a lil more time....Just keep your pad clean, work in small areas and keep your arm speed slow!

slickooz
03-19-2011, 12:17 AM
Congrats on landing the job. Next time I would make sure and ask what car and what are his major concerns. So you can prepare and maybe order supplies from AG. :)

What makes holograms when using a rotary?

ChineseGuy
03-19-2011, 12:31 AM
Congrats on landing the job. Next time I would make sure and ask what car and what are his major concerns. So you can prepare and maybe order supplies from AG. :)

What makes holograms when using a rotary?
I am SOOOO New, can`t tell you that:xyxthumbs: When i first join AG, i am so crazy that i brought a PC and a makita in my first order, but now, i don`t use the makita a lot cause i am afraid to leave hologram behind . I only use it to remove sanding mark . I got 2 more job are coming up in next weekend. I have to plan a timetable for myself , because i have to study for my midterm and final, i hate economic.:(

:buffing:

ChineseGuy
03-20-2011, 01:20 AM
Nasty blue wax, huh? Interesting. :joking::p

LOL, my mistake.Natty Blue wax, but i don`t like the smell about it.

Anyway, i don't have any menzerna product. I have a bottle of WG total swirl remover, will it work better on that hard paint?:dblthumb2: