PDA

View Full Version : Show your mobile van setup!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Kristopher1129
03-17-2011, 10:42 PM
Hey guys. First of all, this thread was not my idea...it was actually Meghans. She posted on one of my threads with the idea of creating a thread to show off everyones mobile setup.

I can't remember if anyone created this thread...but I'm pretty sure they didn't. So, I for one...am really really close to starting to load my equipment in my van after a LONG battle to get it up to par.

So, if you guys wouldn't mind showing off your setup...I would greatly appreciate it, as I'm sure others will too. I will for sure be showcasing mine once it's all done! Help!!!:dblthumb2:

Cruiser57
03-18-2011, 10:49 AM
I don't use vans any more. I love this F-150 because it gives me a back seat so I can use it for personal use and picking up the grand kids, but also the chemicals, gasolie etc. putting out odors are seperated from the passenger compartment. Gas mileage on this truck is pretty good too!

Kristopher1129
03-18-2011, 11:20 AM
I like your setup a lot. I love how you have all your towels setup on the side compartment. I can definitely see how having your chemicals, generator, vac, and stuff of that nature separate from the drivers cabin. That way you don't have to pull your generator in and out worrying about fumes. Cool setup! Thanks for sharing! :dblthumb2:

CrownKote
03-18-2011, 11:33 AM
Very Nice! I never thought of something like that for a rig... but then again I will be setting up my Land Rover Discovery here soon if I keep getting calls asking about mobile details... I some stuff in the works for that though!

Cruiser57
03-18-2011, 01:35 PM
I like your setup a lot. I love how you have all your towels setup on the side compartment. I can definitely see how having your chemicals, generator, vac, and stuff of that nature separate from the drivers cabin. That way you don't have to pull your generator in and out worrying about fumes. Cool setup! Thanks for sharing! :dblthumb2:

Thanks Kristopher. It only took me 10 years and 5 different vehicles to finally get a set-up I'm happy with. Having your vehicle set the way you like makes mobile detailing so much easier!:awesome:

CrownKote
03-18-2011, 01:41 PM
Having your vehicle set the way you like makes mobile detailing so much easier!:awesome:
HECK Yeah!

Kristopher1129
03-18-2011, 02:22 PM
Thanks Kristopher. It only took me 10 years and 5 different vehicles to finally get a set-up I'm happy with. Having your vehicle set the way you like makes mobile detailing so much easier!:awesome:
I hear that. I'm hoping to get lucky on my first try, ha. Probably not. Good thing is...I most likely won't be doing most the mobile work. I like my shop :D

sullysdetailing
03-18-2011, 02:56 PM
I am setting up my truck now so it holds my supplies better

TMD
03-18-2011, 03:08 PM
Hey Kristopher,

When we were assembling our van I took a look around this site and a few others and couldn't find anything. So I started this: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/16319-cargo-evolution.html

We have updated her a bit since then. When my camera gets a charge to it I'll go down and take a few more.

Kristopher1129
03-18-2011, 04:03 PM
Hey Kristopher,

When we were assembling our van I took a look around this site and a few others and couldn't find anything. So I started this: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/16319-cargo-evolution.html

We have updated her a bit since then. When my camera gets a charge to it I'll go down and take a few more.

I'm looking through that thread right now. Very cool! Thanks!

TMD
03-18-2011, 05:07 PM
Can't figure out the picture thing here. When I do I'll post those pictures.

The plastic bin has since been replaced with a wooden cabinet I built six months ago. The plastic worked fine for a while, but eventually broke with all the manhandling we do. I customized the cabinet for the tools we take with us, as well as pads and towels.

slickooz
03-18-2011, 07:40 PM
Can't figure out the picture thing here. When I do I'll post those pictures.

The plastic bin has since been replaced with a wooden cabinet I built six months ago. The plastic worked fine for a while, but eventually broke with all the manhandling we do. I customized the cabinet for the tools we take with us, as well as pads and towels.

Upload pics using photobucket. After you uploaded your pics, go over the pic and there will be a drop down click on IMG(will copy it) and paste it in your post.

MirandaAutoSpa
03-18-2011, 08:36 PM
I finally got my van looking the way I want.
sorry for the butt shot, thats me installing some vinyl on the floor. Looks like a tiny detail shop in there now.
plus things roll around easier and it cleans up better two.

Kristopher1129
03-19-2011, 12:11 AM
I finally got my van looking the way I want.
sorry for the butt shot, thats me installing some vinyl on the floor. Looks like a tiny detail shop in there now.
plus things roll around easier and it cleans up better two.

Very cool man. What kind of van do you have, an astro or Safari? Looks very similar to mine. Good setup. I like how you saved yourself a little works space in the middle there. Thanks for sharing! :props:

slickooz
03-19-2011, 12:13 AM
I will post pics of mine tomorrow. I'm using my dad's minivan, nothing special. Everything falls when I make sharp turns. :)