PDA

View Full Version : Curves and creases SUCK!

hulksdaddy
03-17-2011, 09:32 PM
Have spent the better part of the week doing a full swirl remover/polish on my 2011 CTS-V Coupe(only an hour or so each night. Damn work LOL). Really my first bigtime detail. Washed it, clayed it, then:

WG TSR, Griots RO with LC Flat Orange pad....DONE

WG FG with LC Flat White pad....ALMOST done. 2 quarters, a door, and a fender to go.

Thing has just enough concave curves to make it exasperating, plus the "Art & Science" design thing makes for a bunch of sharp creases. Makes for slow going.

One big question for you guys: gas door. By hand, right? Threw the polisher at it, Yikes! :-D

Anyway, thanks to all of you, since reading these posts, watching videos, and checking out pics really was a big help! :dblthumb2:

dad07
03-17-2011, 09:48 PM
Gas door by hand? IMHO yes!...sounds like things are moving along slowly BUT Shurely!!!!! BTW:postpics: LOL!

Flash Gordon
03-18-2011, 04:23 PM
I just jam a MF towel in the gas compartment. Keeps all that rattlin crap at bay :)

RaskyR1
03-18-2011, 04:38 PM
I just jam a MF towel in the gas compartment. Keeps all that rattlin crap at bay :)

Yep! :props:

Pics? I can't imagine a car that new needing that much work???

BobbyG
03-18-2011, 04:44 PM
One big question for you guys: gas door. By hand, right? Threw the polisher at it, Yikes! :-D

Inside the gas door is always done by hand. Some all purpose cleaner and assorted brushes allow me to get into all the nooks and crannies thoroughly cleaning the area.

The exterior of the door is detailed shut and cleans up nicely as that panel of corrected. Stuff a towel in there to take up some of the vibration but if it's still problematic just do it by hand..

SeaJay's
03-18-2011, 05:38 PM

Great tip! I'll have to do this next time I'm buffing that area! I usually just do it by hand.

Flash Gordon
03-18-2011, 07:56 PM

Hey Rask. Whats been going on

Great tip! I'll have to do this next time I'm buffing that area! I usually just do it by hand.

It works for me. I'm sure it will work for you also. Just make sure the latch doesn't catch the towel. Happen to me before and was a major pain getting it released

RaskyR1
03-19-2011, 08:07 PM
Hey Rask. Whats been going on

Not much Flash, just been working away as things have really picked up the last few weeks...more then I'd like actually.

Yourself?

hulksdaddy
03-19-2011, 09:02 PM

Car was delivered in January. By rail to Jersey, sat there covered in snow for a couple weeks, then trucked to the dealer, where it was for a week and a half. All that wiping snow off it left some swirlies. Not horrible, just annoying, so figured I'd get rid of them all now.

First coat of Zaino is on it now. Wipe off in a few minutes, then another coat goes on.

Tomorrow, going cruisin' with my 4 yr old! Bright sunny day, see if it still looks good. :rolleyes: :laughing:

05xrunner
03-19-2011, 10:40 PM

should have seen my mustang when i bought it..had 14miles on it and looked like a car that had 50,000 with no care..SOOO many scratches and swirls from snow brushes sitting on the lot

WRAPT C5Z06
03-19-2011, 11:01 PM
Ahhhh, brings back my ill feelings about using a traditional DA :(

Sent using Tapatalk

05xrunner
03-19-2011, 11:03 PM
Ahhhh, brings back my ill feelings about using a traditional DA :(

Sent using Tapatalk
yea same here..used my flex yesterday just to toss down a coat of black hole on my stang..SOOOO much more joy to use.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-19-2011, 11:07 PM
used my flex yesterday SOOOO much more joy to use.
Absolutey!!!!

Sent using Tapatalk