PDA

View Full Version : what should i get

Pages : [1] 2

jamores23
03-17-2011, 06:37 PM
im looking into getting a PC to use for cleaning carpets via brush attachment. I have a dewalt rotary for paint correction. Should i get a better DA so i could do paint correction with it or would the pc be sufficient enough? Remember im looking into it because i want to be able to clean interior with it. if i get a diff. DA would i be able to get the brush attachments for carpets as well?

dad07
03-17-2011, 06:55 PM
The brush attachments will fit most DA there are a multitude of thigs you can do with the da.....paint correction,cleaning carpets and so on. You having a rotary you have a lot covered....but a DA will come into play with the finish work.The porter cable is a great piece of equipment I own one and I also own the GG. You won't be dissapointed with either!( Guess that is what I'm trying to say LOL)

jamores23
03-17-2011, 09:22 PM
so what would my other options be instead of pc? and what do you mean finish work?

Also, im going to be doing a interior tomorrow that the carpets are pretty dirty i will be using a brush and doing it by hand with mg apc plus. what dilution ratio should i use?

cobalt9123
03-17-2011, 09:29 PM
APC+ should be diluted 10:1,water:degreaser, for interiors.

Also, you have a multitude of substitute polishers for a PC. My personal favorite is the Griot's Garage dual action polisher. Its served me very, very well and has a fantastic warranty.

dad07
03-17-2011, 09:55 PM
APC+ should be diluted 10:1,water:degreaser, for interiors.

Also, you have a multitude of substitute polishers for a PC. My personal favorite is the Griot's Garage dual action polisher. Its served me very, very well and has a fantastic warranty.

:iagree:10-1 is good!

jamores23
03-17-2011, 10:20 PM
why is the flex so expensive compared to the GG and is the GG a DA? will there be a brush attachment for this

jamores23
03-18-2011, 09:27 AM
ok so im using the apc plus 10:1 now how do i get it off the carpet?? put fresh water??

Kaleb G.
03-18-2011, 09:50 AM
I just spray water on it and wipe off with a terry cloth.

The flex has forced rotation, unlike any other DA polished. It cost so much because it is the only DA, that I know of, that has forced rotation. It's the middle ground between most DAs and a rotary.

jamores23
03-18-2011, 10:10 AM
also, i have oxy clean powder how should i use this?? do i put it into a bucket of water and then the carpet or sprinkly it and and throw some water?

jamores23
03-18-2011, 11:04 AM
?

Cruiser57
03-18-2011, 11:20 AM
I would stay away from the oxy clean powder. I did experiment with it and it can get messy. There is liquid spray oxy clean that is easier to use. Try Resolve spray carpet cleaner. Works well.

jamores23
03-18-2011, 11:39 AM
thanks. now i just came across sand thats embedded in the rear its a gmc envoy. the back has sand and it doesnt want to come out im hitting the carpet and the sand rises to the top then i vacuum it but its not easy!

jamores23
03-18-2011, 12:44 PM
what do you guys do about headliners that are dirty?

Perfections
03-18-2011, 08:26 PM
what do you guys do about headliners that are dirty?

Get a mf slightly damp with any cleaner that's fabric safe and lightly dab the spot, don't get aggressive going back and forth or you will see fine fibers sticking up where you cleaned

Perfections
03-18-2011, 08:30 PM
thanks. now i just came across sand thats embedded in the rear its a gmc envoy. the back has sand and it doesnt want to come out im hitting the carpet and the sand rises to the top then i vacuum it but its not easy!

Vacuum at a slight angle very slowly, with a crevice tool, also try using a good carpet brush to bring the sand to the top :)