PDA

View Full Version : paint chips

lvmyavalon
03-17-2011, 06:27 PM
My 2007 Avalon has come a long way since I purchased it in June of 2010.Thanks to the products & advise here at auto geek.I am learning as I go.I have all these little pin hole type stone chips on the front end.Not the hood.just below that along the whole front of the car.some were touched up before I got the car.I tried all I know,but after a time the chips look worse.seems to be like the wax gets white sfter a time in these little chips.other then a re-paint what can I do ? Feed back please

STI4Life06
03-17-2011, 06:47 PM
My 2007 Avalon has come a long way since I purchased it in June of 2010.Thanks to the products & advise here at auto geek.I am learning as I go.I have all these little pin hole type stone chips on the front end.Not the hood.just below that along the whole front of the car.some were touched up before I got the car.I tried all I know,but after a time the chips look worse.seems to be like the wax gets white sfter a time in these little chips.other then a re-paint what can I do ? Feed back please

I have heard pretty good things about Dr. Colorchip. I have not tried it myself but, give it a try. 60$ is a hell of a lot cheaper than a repaint :xyxthumbs:

Dr. ColorChip Paint Chip Repair, repair paint chips, touch-up paint, Doctor Color-Chip Paint Chip Repair (http://www.autogeek.net/dr-colorchip-paint-chip-repair.html)

TLMitchell
03-17-2011, 06:53 PM
I have heard pretty good things about Dr. Colorchip. I have not tried it myself but, give it a try. 60$ is a hell of a lot cheaper than a repaint :xyxthumbs:

Dr. ColorChip Paint Chip Repair, repair paint chips, touch-up paint, Doctor Color-Chip Paint Chip Repair (http://www.autogeek.net/dr-colorchip-paint-chip-repair.html)

I've used Dr. ColorChip on a black Hyundai and can vouch for it's effectiveness and ease of use. On some of the larger chips a traditional touchup and sand job would probably be as effective but DC works great on a peppered front end. With chip rash it isn't practical to try and touch up each spot, their method of smearing the paint on with a t-shirt and then removing the residue from non-chipped surfaces works well. Not perfect but it passes the 10ft test. :xyxthumbs:

TL