PDA

View Full Version : Can OCW provide enough protection

Pages : [1] 2

mattkrmp80
03-17-2011, 04:51 PM
I barely have time to wash my car but I make the time and I have used OCW once it does take less than 15 minutes to apply but if OCW is the only LSP applied every other wash is this adequate protection?

I have read plenty of threads that say spray waxes are maintenance products(wax boosters) but OCW states its a wax??

Perfections
03-17-2011, 05:10 PM
I barely have time to wash my car but I make the time and I have used OCW once it does take less than 15 minutes to apply but if OCW is the only LSP applied every other wash is this adequate protection?

I have read plenty of threads that say spray waxes are maintenance products(wax boosters) but OCW states its a wax??

Ocw will protect the car great if your applying it every other wash as long as those washes aren't months apart lol

mattkrmp80
03-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Ocw will protect the car great if your applying it every other wash as long as those washes aren't months apart lol

I wash once every week and rarely once every two weeks.
OCW as a stand alone LSP is enough protection right??

Perfections
03-17-2011, 05:47 PM
I wash once every week and rarely once every two weeks.
OCW as a stand alone LSP is enough protection right??

Yes, my maintenance customers, it's all I use and it's done great, no damage to anyones paint so far :)

Shawn T.
03-17-2011, 05:53 PM
Meguiars Synthetic Express Spray Wax is also great stuff.

silverfox
03-17-2011, 05:54 PM
Why would anybody want to wax their car every week, or two? Put on a thin layer of Collinite and forget it for 6 months....if you like wiping the paint, put down a good quick detailer after every wash and gloss it up good. I don't get the applying of spray waxes on a regular basis at all. Too much wax will have a negative result.

dad07
03-17-2011, 06:04 PM
Meguiars Synthetic Express Spray Wax is also great stuff.

:iagree:It is good stuff!

Why would anybody want to wax their car every week, or two? Put on a thin layer of Collinite and forget it for 6 months....if you like wiping the paint, put down a good quick detailer after every wash and gloss it up good. I don't get the applying of spray waxes on a regular basis at all. Too much wax will have a negative result.

:iagree: Coli is Great I use this on everything.......The protection is far above any expectations.....As Shawn T said( Megs synthetic express wax) I also use this as a maintance!

G37
03-17-2011, 08:16 PM

I hear you on the time concern. I have used OCW and it is very easy to wipe off and quick to apply. OCW should be adequate protection especially when applied at that frequency but remember most members are detail enthusiasts which choose to use multiple step products to achieve a better end result than just protection. I personally hate to have to touch the paint but I have to not only to wash it but to dry it with QD and WW drying towels after I have blown most of the water off with air. If you are already using Optimum and you are happy pick up some Opti Seal which can be applied and wipe on and then it should flash and you dont even have to wipe it off and should last several months and takes minutes to apply like OCW no residue either.

Why would anybody want to wax their car every week, or two? if you like wiping the paint, put down a good quick detailer after every wash and gloss it up good. I don't get the applying of spray waxes on a regular basis at all. Too much wax will have a negative result.

Not being smart what would be the negative result? Wax build up maybe I thought with a spray wax that couldnt happen?

CEE DOG
03-17-2011, 08:27 PM
OP, OCW is not a typical spray wax. It will indeed protect your vehicle as a standalone product. and you don't need to apply it every other wash to do so.

It makes us all feel better to put a paste on but after you buff it off is what's left any thicker than what OCW leaves behind...

Still if you are going for very best protection I would feel more comfortable putting a sealant every now and then as well.

Irish
03-17-2011, 08:32 PM
I'm using nothing more than DG Aquawax on my Mustang right now. 1 coat while drying, another the next day, and it's holding strong after 3 weeks.

With products like OCW and Aquawax I'd say there's nothing wrong with using them as a standalone. I wouldn't reapply every wash simply because it's not needed. Use your favorite QD after you wash and you'll be fine.

G37
03-17-2011, 08:34 PM
Hey CEE DOG how often is a good frequency for OCW?

Old Tiger
03-17-2011, 09:12 PM

I use Spray Waxes often, usually after UWW+ and have not seen any adverse effects!

mrGolfRider
04-20-2012, 09:08 AM
Pm sent

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

Flannigan
04-20-2012, 09:54 AM
LOL, there are no negative results from too much waxing...

shoeless89
04-20-2012, 12:02 PM
LOL, there are no negative results from too much waxing...

I think what he meant by negative effect would be if I put layer upon layer of wax, week after week it would eventually build up and actually detract from the look of the finish. That just my view on it. And remember, if you wash your car to much you'll end up rubbing all the paint off! lol Im the MAN