PDA

View Full Version : Red soft wax pads with PC 7424XP?

Xen256
03-17-2011, 11:12 AM
Howdy!

First time posting in the forums after researching through the site. Just about ready to order some items to get started on some paint detailing and had a quick question about a couple of the pads.

I'm looking at getting this starter kit with the PC7424XP:

Porter Cable 7424 & Foam Pad Kit - Car Buffer (http://www.autogeek.net/hk7424.html)

that comes with some good accessories and a set of 6.5" LC CCS pads of your choice. I see it also comes with a couple of 5.5" Inch Red Soft Wax Pads. Where would these 5.5" wax pads fit in on the scale of the LC pads? Similar to the LC red pads? Just trying to see about where they fit in so I can get a better variety of pads to start out with.

Thanks!

SJ

BobbyG
03-17-2011, 11:34 AM
:welcome: To Autogeek Online SJ.

Lake Country uses color to denote the foam density or cut ability of their pads. Whether it's a 6 1/2" CCS or a 5 1/2" Red Soft Wax Pads the foam is the same and in this case for applying sealants and waxes, not for polishing or correction.

In looking at the pads supplied with the kit only the White has any sort of cut or correction ability. The gray, blue, and red do not.

Mike Phillips
03-17-2011, 11:38 AM
Howdy!

First time posting in the forums after researching through the site. Just about ready to order some items to get started on some paint detailing and had a quick question about a couple of the pads.

Welcome to Autogeek Online! :welcome:

I'm looking at getting this starter kit with the PC7424XP:

Porter Cable 7424 & Foam Pad Kit - Car Buffer (http://www.autogeek.net/hk7424.html)

that comes with some good accessories and a set of 6.5" LC CCS pads of your choice. I see it also comes with a couple of 5.5" Inch Red Soft Wax Pads.

Where would these 5.5" wax pads fit in on the scale of the LC pads? Similar to the LC red pads? Just trying to see about where they fit in so I can get a better variety of pads to start out with.

Thanks!

SJ

Those pads are Lake Country Pads, the are a soft, foam finishing or waxing pad, flat in design. Excellent for machine applying a finishing wax or sealant.

:)

NoBama316
03-17-2011, 12:14 PM
I am going to be purchasing some LC D.A. CCS pads and was wondering which ones to go with? I will be mostly dealing with light to moderate swirls and light scratches on clear coat.
Thanks.

A4 1.8tqm
03-17-2011, 12:22 PM
I am going to be purchasing some LC D.A. CCS pads and was wondering which ones to go with? I will be mostly dealing with light to moderate swirls and light scratches on clear coat.
Thanks.

Personally, I prefer the Flat pads over CCS. Either way get some Orange, White and Gray or check out the HT pads- Lake Country Hydro-Tech pads (http://www.autogeek.net/hydrotech-da-pads-3pack.html)

BobbyG
03-17-2011, 12:32 PM
I would also recommend the 5 1/2" Flat Pads over the 6 1/2" CCS pads.

Xen256
03-17-2011, 01:20 PM
Thanks guys, that answers my question perfectly.

SJ

dougaross
03-17-2011, 02:08 PM
I would also recommend the 5 1/2" Flat Pads over the 6 1/2" CCS pads.
If you talk to customer service they will let you get 5.5" pads instead of 6.5'

NoBama316
03-17-2011, 02:12 PM
I intend on getting the 5.5, but why the flat over the CCS? What is the major difference?

Mike Phillips
03-17-2011, 02:47 PM
I intend on getting the 5.5, but why the flat over the CCS? What is the major difference?

Personal preference.

Some people love flat pads, some people love CCS pads, some people love many of the different designs on the market. You really won't know what's best for your tool and "style" until you've tried a few different types.

Eric Dunn and I shot some "Features" for CCS pads and Kompressor pads for our new TV show, when they air you'll get a chance to see them and hear Eric Dunn, the "Pad Man" share some info about each style.

New Teaser Video - Autogeek's What's in the Garage TV Show! (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/company-forum-news-headlines/33445-new-teaser-video-autogeek-s-what-s-garage-tv-show.html)

:)