PDA

View Full Version : The "Most Durable" Thread....

Pages : [1] 2 3

HeavyMetal
03-17-2011, 08:20 AM
I saw another yet another post asking which products are the most durable for use on a daily driver. As a newb, I had to do a lot of searches to find this info for various products (not complaining, just saying). So, how 'bout you experienced guys chime in on one thread with the most durable products you know. We all have DD's so this will be some great collective experience.

Something like the following:

Tire Dressing - UTTG, DP Tire Gel, xxx, yyy
Wheel Glaze - xxx, yyy
Exterior Trim - UTTG, xxx, yyy
Interior Plastic Trim - 303 Aerospace, xxx, yyy
Paint Sealant - Menz Power Lock, DG, xxx, yyy
Paint Coating - xxx, yyy (yeah, these are new but rank if you have some experience)
Wax - Collinite 845, xxx, yyy

It's also be great if you could put the months of durability YOU EXPERIENCED in parends after the product.

If you want to do a most durable ranking first and then best looking of the most durable, that would be great too.

PLEASE: Let's not get into product wars. If you don't like what someone else has listed, ignore it and post your own favs.

If there are enough replies I'll try to find the time to drop in a spreadsheet, rank and post in a few days.

SeaJay's
03-17-2011, 08:33 AM
Tire Dressing - WG Black Diamond Tire Gel - 3-4 weeks
Wheel Glaze - DP Wheel Glaze - approx 2 months in the good weather months
Interior Plastic Trim - 303 Aerospace - 2 weeks or so
Paint Sealant - Menz Power Lock - 3-4 months on average, DP Poli-Coat 2-3 months
Wax - Collinite 845 3-4 months

HeavyMetal
03-17-2011, 08:43 AM
Tire Dressing ....

Thanks man, great info.

CEE DOG
03-17-2011, 08:46 AM
Tire Dressing - Ultima Trim & Tire Guard (UTTG)
Wheel Glaze - Ultima Trim & Tire Guard (UTTG)
Exterior Trim - Ultima Trim & Tire Guard (UTTG)
Interior Plastic Trim - Ultima Interior Guard Plus (UIGP)
Paint Sealant - Unsure
Wax - Unsure

HeavyMetal
03-17-2011, 09:00 AM
Ultima....

Cee Dog and Ultima - shoulda seen that coming :D. How many months you getting?

Didn't know you could use the UTTG as a wheel glaze. I got UTTG to use as trim and compare to the DP Tire Gel. I'll have to try it as a glaze. Thanks. :dblthumb2:

CEE DOG
03-17-2011, 09:10 AM
Cee Dog and Ultima - shoulda seen that coming :D. How many months you getting?

Indeed!
3 months easily on trim.
Tires not sure but a lot longer than anything else.

Didn't know you could use the UTTG as a wheel glaze. I got UTTG to use as trim and compare to the DP Tire Gel. I'll have to try it as a glaze. Thanks. :dblthumb2:

Yes, when you use it on rims and chrome and metal you apply it very thin and let it sit for at least 20 minutes. Then you buff it off. Talk about protection! Your wheel cleaner might not even take it off- LOL

Seriously though, I use other products on my tires a lot of the time so I might have to scrub and re-dress my tires. This means I will use ARO on the tires. At the same time my rims with UTTG are easily cleaned with my Ultima Car wash shampoo so I don't need to use a wheel cleaner very often on them. Anyway, I can't help but get a little ARO on the rims when doing the tires but I do try. To get to the point next time I go to wash the car the rims are still beading like crazy.

Wendell Jarvis
03-17-2011, 09:16 AM
Tire Dressing - Ultima Trim & Tire Guard (UTTG)
Wheel Glaze - Ultima Trim & Tire Guard (UTTG)
Exterior Trim - Ultima Trim & Tire Guard (UTTG)
Interior Plastic Trim - Ultima Interior Guard Plus (UIGP)
Paint Sealant - Unsure
Wax - Unsure

Hey Corey...Just wanted to take the time to say thanks for doing the review on Ultima's UTTG....I bought some, that stuff is wicked good ! I have so many products that were hyped out only to leave me a bit dissapointed, but UTTG is fantastic....until next time ( Hope you get a sun burn during detail fest, ha, ha) its suppose to be in the 60's here in Kentucky today.....so you know what I will be doing....:buffing:

sohail99
03-17-2011, 10:16 AM
Hmmm... After reading Corey's views I'm tempted to try UTTG on my alloys!(but my alloys are painted(basecoat-clearcoat))

So is UPGP preferred or UTTG? (Ideally I should use UPGP as its painted, but I need your views on it!)

rfinkle2
03-17-2011, 10:33 AM
Hmmm... After reading Corey's views I'm tempted to try UTTG on my alloys!(but my alloys are painted(basecoat-clearcoat))

So is UPGP preferred or UTTG? (Ideally I should use UPGP as its painted, but I need your views on it!)

I believe the label on the UTTG suggests using it on wheels. EDIT: FOUND DESCRIPTION SEE BELOW..

italic from Ultima's site:

Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus is a new polymer coating that can be applied to most flexible surfaces (vinyl and rubber) and hard surfaces (plastic and metal) to coat, seal, protect and beautify. No ordinary “dressing” lasts as long or protects as well against pollution, ultra violet light (sun), road salts, harmful ozone, creosote and more.

The long lasting Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus formula protects for months, not days or weeks. This space age coating will not wash off. On glossy trim it maintains the shine and prevents corrosion. On black trim it maintains a dark, satin appearance. You’ll see the protection with each wash by the way your tires and trim bead water.

Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus is a hyper-concentrated formula. A single 12 ounce bottle is enough product to properly treat your tires and trim for a full year. A small amount of Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus goes a long way to coat, seal, protect and beautify tires, wheels (painted, chrome, polished), bumper trim, plastic grills, fascia, valances, rocker panels and the engine compartment. Our super durable formula protects for months, but you may apply it as frequently as you like.

CEE DOG
03-17-2011, 10:41 AM
Hey Corey...Just wanted to take the time to say thanks for doing the review on Ultima's UTTG....I bought some, that stuff is wicked good ! I have so many products that were hyped out only to leave me a bit dissapointed, but UTTG is fantastic....until next time ( Hope you get a sun burn during detail fest, ha, ha) its suppose to be in the 60's here in Kentucky today.....so you know what I will be doing....:buffing:

Thanks buddy!! It is definitely a fantastic product!

Btw: I could use some sun :laughing:

Your logic is correct in using UPGP on clear coated wheels. However the UTTG is more durable. I have clear coated wheels and I use UTTG on them. Now, one thing I suppose I should add is that my rims are not the most beautiful perfectly finished rims you've seen so its possible the UTTG won't look great on perfectly finished and perfectly polished rims. However I have used UTTG on perfect chrome and it looked amazing.
So in short: Try UTTG on your rims even if clear coated and if you don't like it no harm done. I'm pretty sure you will be happy with it.

Perfections
03-17-2011, 05:43 PM
Wax - Collinite 476

HeavyMetal
03-18-2011, 09:04 AM
Bump. Come guys, dish out with the durability info. Feed back please

Josh@BR
03-18-2011, 10:28 AM
Unless I missed it I'm surprised no one mentioned Klasse for paint sealant. This stuff is amazing and far exceeded my expectations. The acrylic based sealant is so much different than any other sealants I've used. It takes a little while to get your application technique down but once you get it right its great. I used it on my STi and it really leaves a HIGH gloss even on silver. Its supposed to leave a "scratch proof" coating which I was a little skeptical so I rubbed my car key across it just enough to where it would definitely scratch unprotected paint. It worked. The acrylic shield was so tough I couldn't scratch it unless I tried really hard. Also I should mention when I tried the key scratch it was about 4 months after I initially applied the klasse. I haven't tried it on wheels or anything else yet but I'm sure it'll do great. As far as how many months it lasts I applied it in August and with harsh winter conditions and daily driving it is still on my car and beading. I did do a coat of p21s a couple weeks ago and the Klasse still gave a good smooth surface for the p21s to bond to. I absolutely love this sealant. I even charge customers a little more for applying this sealant compared to others and with the results I get nothing but happy customers.

cbsb
03-18-2011, 11:54 AM
Unless I missed it I'm surprised no one mentioned Klasse for paint sealant. This stuff is amazing and far exceeded my expectations.

I was VERY interested in Klasse for durability - then I read all the difficult stories on the web. Being a beginner to all this, the stories scared me off that product. The decision may or may not have been sound. I just questioned if it was a product for beginners.

sohail99
03-18-2011, 12:21 PM
Try UTTG on your rims even if clear coated and if you don't like it no harm done. I'm pretty sure you will be happy with it.

I just tried it after quickly washing the rims with ONR!!

And I was literally shocked!! Its so easy to apply!!! And more so, to remove(I removed it after 20 mins or so)

Its soo much better than anything I've been using till now!!

Best part is, no dried whitish residue etc.

Thanks a lot for enlightening me!! This is just so amazing!!:dblthumb2: