PDA

View Full Version : clay bars

Pages : [1] 2

ltoman
12-28-2006, 11:03 AM
is there really a difference between them, and if so,why?

i used pinnacle (green) on the vette, no prob.

i have used clay magic on the other cars. differences?

and is cm responsible for the little white spots, like in grimmm's photo? why?

Gary Sword
12-28-2006, 11:15 AM
There are different degrees of course ness in the clay but I not sure there is much difference between the brands. I recently used Wolfgang Elastic Poly Clay on my van which had all kinds on junk on the paint. It's amazing how good clay works. Whoever the person was in Japan who thought of using clay to clean paint on a car deserves an award.

supercharged
12-28-2006, 11:25 AM
Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay (green) is ultra fine grade, and can be used as aften as needed. It suppese not to remove any wax/sealant protection. Sealant - probably yes, as far as wax - I'd rather rewax quickly.
Other grades clay are usually medium grade, and will for sure remove any wax/sealant protection. Designed to be used 2-3 times a year on a lot of contaminents.

ltoman
12-28-2006, 11:27 AM
Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay (green) is ultra fine grade, and can be used as aften as needed. It suppese not to remove any wax/sealant protection. Sealant - probably yes, as far as wax - I'd rather rewax quickly.
Other grades clay are usually medium grade, and will for sure remove any wax/sealant protection. Designed to be used 2-3 times a year on a lot of contaminents.

so clay magic, vs mothers or meg's - no difference?

Surfer
12-28-2006, 11:54 AM
so clay magic, vs mothers or meg's - no difference?They all have their differences, i.e. fine, medium grade etc. Personally I happen to really like the bars from Meg's Smooth Surface kit, not sure what they are, think medium grade.

Nica
12-28-2006, 02:14 PM
This is a great topic, since I just started using the Pinnacle clay bar.

Could you guys explain the difference in color? Does it represent anything? Does it mean anything?

I have a Meg's Quick Clay and the bar is white? Any one know what grade this is?

Sevenrd
12-28-2006, 02:21 PM
I'm not sure if color-coding is the same from manufacturer to manufacturer. I just stick with Sonus clays where I know that green is fine and gray is medium.

quantim0
12-28-2006, 04:05 PM
What happened to Pinnacle's Poly Clay?? I ordered a bar during the sale and now it isn't on the site anymore. I am planning on using Ultra Poly Clay once and month, but figure I'll use the regular poly clay for areas that need it.

ltoman
12-28-2006, 04:07 PM
No way!!!!!!!! Are you sure?????

jsfofec
12-28-2006, 04:12 PM
I noticed the same thing, only the Ultra was there

ltoman
12-28-2006, 04:23 PM
Oh crud! i wonder why?

paradog
12-28-2006, 04:59 PM
Maybe Megan is going to send each one of us a clay bar for the New Year!

Hey I can dream can't I?

ltoman
12-28-2006, 05:01 PM
Maybe Megan is going to send each one of us a clay bar for the New Year!

Hey I can dream can't I?

totally cool!! hee hee

ryandamartini
12-28-2006, 05:37 PM
is there really a difference between them, and if so,why?

i used pinnacle (green) on the vette, no prob.

i have used clay magic on the other cars. differences?

and is cm responsible for the little white spots, like in grimmm's photo? why?

There are different clay bars as far as abrasiveness, [megs red], and sizes. However most regular clay is the same as its manufactured at one plant, and distributed to sellers in the us. Now there are beter grades than others, but any reputable name should offer good clay :)

supercharged
12-28-2006, 06:47 PM
so clay magic, vs mothers or meg's - no difference?
Never used clay magic. Byut speaking of Meguiar's (not their professional clay, that comes in 7 oz bars) and Mothers I personally prefer Mothers. It is softer clay and easier to work with. In addition I just love Showtime QD.