PDA

View Full Version : What Vaccum do you own?

Pages : [1] 2

93fox
03-16-2011, 09:17 PM
id like to hear what you guys own! brands! models! hate it? love it? regret buying it? cant get enough of it? just to see what everyone out there settled for a vac!

sydster
03-16-2011, 09:20 PM
I have a Ridgid 16 gallon 6.5hp wet and dry vac, and this this can suck out the hair out of a cat! I just love the power!

:props:

93fox
03-16-2011, 09:21 PM
I have a Ridgid 16 gallon 6.5hp wet and dry vac, and this this can suck out the hair out of a cat! I just love the power!

:props:
how portable is it?

shrtbull
03-16-2011, 09:22 PM
Kobalts wall mounted shop vac, from Lowes. Love it!!

richy
03-16-2011, 09:37 PM
I currently own a 5.5 HP, 5 gal Shop Vac wet/dry vac. It's been fine. I think I can find something stronger. I have been comparing stats on water lift and CFM on Fein, Rigid and another one from a Canadian distributor. If I can justify the expense, I will be getting a new one this summer. From what I've learned, the combo of water lift and CFM is what tells you how strong the unit actually is. There are some misleading statistics when it comes to vacuums.

ALLN1WASH
03-16-2011, 09:42 PM
Same as Richy. No complaints, very portable with more than enough power, IMO. I've had the past two years and have yet to think of upgrading/changing units.

CCC4me
03-16-2011, 09:55 PM
I've been using premium (up to $20k) vacuums for a few years now. While I like my current Milwaukee, I don't feel it's worth its price. Best bang for the buck I've found is the Porter Cable drywall vac. This is all assuming you're looking for an upgrade over the standard Shop-Vac type (of which, I like the Rigid the best).

termigator
03-16-2011, 10:33 PM
Dyson Animal DC14. It doubles as the house and car vac. The various attachments that came with the vacuum comes in real handy.:xyxthumbs:

CleanGene
03-16-2011, 10:35 PM
Craftsman 4 gal 5 HP. Small, Mobile, and Good Suction. A Winner!

sydster
03-17-2011, 12:32 AM
how portable is it?

Mine is not portable at all its really big but the suction is awesome and it also works as a blower. Sorry I did not know you were looking into a portable one.

jimmyjam
03-17-2011, 04:26 AM
I have a Rigid from Home Depot, and it's been strong since I purchased it about 5yrs ago. Now that i said that it'll probably go out tomorrow...

DaHen
03-17-2011, 05:33 AM
Good old Craftsman 5.0hp.

DLB
03-17-2011, 06:30 AM
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2149_27161054

As I just commented yesterday - it is a great vacuum, but I do also have to have a Shop Vac for wet section.

The hose is wonderful, and you don't have to worry about it scratching door jambs like some shop vac style hoses. (It is rubbery feeling vs. the hard plastic).

I bought mine when they were still in the $300 price range, so I think they are a much better buy now that the price is significantly lower.

It is very portable and does its job like a pro.

Knowing what I know now though, I would have probably shopped for a similar style of one that could handle wet or dry that had close to the suction power of this one. Then, just buy the hoses separately.

DLB

BobbyG
03-17-2011, 06:50 AM
I have an old Craftsman 32 gallon shop vac. While it is portable it's big and get heavy at times especially when it's only 1/2 full.

Bottom line is, it does work!

I've been looking at a smaller Rigid model over at Home Depot. These vacs get great reviews and the prices are down to earth. Some of these other vacs appear to be good quality and high performers but the price tags are a bit too high for me..

matth9
03-17-2011, 06:55 AM
Ridgid Portable Vac (http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/WD4070-Portable-Vac/EN/index.htm) with the Car Kit (http://www.homedepot.com/buy/appliances/vacuums-floor-care/ridgid/premium-car-cleaning-kit-25859.html). This setup kicks absolute ass! The vac is extremely powerful/portable and has done nothing but impressed me since I've owned it. The Car Kit has some really convenient tools and includes a hose that is much small in diameter, longer, more flexible, and made of softer material than your traditional shop vac hose.