PDA

View Full Version : New Car

Darren F
03-16-2011, 01:41 PM
New 2011 VW ..... Silver Exterior....Black Interior....What products should I use on the car? Have the hot Florida spring/summer just around the corner.....

Mike Phillips
03-16-2011, 02:10 PM
Congratulations on the new silver car!

As for products, you should have a pretty decent arsenal built-up by now, what do you have?

Can we assume the finish is flawless since it's brand new? Or does it have DISO?

DISO = The Dealership Installed Swirl Option (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/28401-diso-dealership-installed-swirl-option.html)

:)

OHSNAP
03-16-2011, 02:12 PM
I just bought a new 2011 challenger (black paint), and I am not an expert, but I wouldn't buy any products that have any amount of abrasives in it. Autogeek does a good job of telling you what products have in them and if they contain any "correcting" abilities. JMO. Since it is a new car and should be in great condition!

Harleyguy
03-16-2011, 02:38 PM
New 2011 VW ..... Silver Exterior....Black Interior....What products should I use on the car? Have the hot Florida spring/summer just around the corner.....Well come to Detail Fest next week and you can try out some of the products they will have on display . Plus there will a ton of people there that can go over you car and tell you what you need and don't need . No wasting any money on products you don't need .

Darren F
03-16-2011, 02:41 PM
Hey Mike....Well I do have a decent amount of products...Have all of the Ultima Line just about..Some stuff you guys dont carry, (Werkstat Prime, Acrylic Jett, Chemical Guys Acrylic Glaze)...A few different AIO, like D151, XMT360, Poli Seal...Then I also have a bunch of waxes/sealants like Collinite 845, Megs NXT 2.0, Megs # 20, Optimum Car Wax, Opti Seal, Pinnacle Liquid Souveran, Aqua Wax, then for the interior I have a few different Megs product, DP...Think that is pretty much it....Even if there is some new stuff out there that might work better or easier Im ok with that..BTW I do also have a PC, and all the pads I would need...