PDA

View Full Version : Lake Country Ulti Mitt with ONR

Crazy Amos
03-16-2011, 11:43 AM
Has anyone used this combo?

SeaJay's
03-16-2011, 12:29 PM
Can't say that I have. I've used the Sheep skin wash mitt with good results though.

sulla
03-16-2011, 12:59 PM
It's the softest washing foam i've ever used (the gold 100ppi one).. I wish i have bigger hand, as a big hand will create more space between the cubes.. The downside is with sponge you expect dirts will release easily.. Not with ultimitt.

Crazy Amos
03-16-2011, 02:39 PM
The downside is with sponge you expect dirts will release easily.. Not with ultimitt.

Not meaning to sound "arrogant" but were you saying it DOES release dirt well or DOES NOT?

sulla
03-16-2011, 11:34 PM
Honestly..It doesnt.. It stains like mf ime..bigger dirts relese well but the foam gradually turns black

But if you prefer me say it does.. I will tell you what you wanna hear :props:

Crazy Amos
03-17-2011, 06:48 AM
Honestly..It doesnt.. It stains like mf ime..bigger dirts relese well but the foam gradually turns black

But if you prefer me say it does.. I will tell you what you wanna hear :props:

Haha! No I'll take the honesty!

Thank you for responding, that was my main concern.

sulla
03-17-2011, 07:29 AM
Haha! No I'll take the honesty!

Thank you for responding, that was my main concern.

The new mitt specifically designed for onr is 'black' and has the same ppi with the ultimitt i use.. I guess more ppi means more stain..

Grout sponges are of lower ppi and releases dirt/stain so well.. You may opt for the lower ppi red ultimitt which is 80 ppi (still fall into Dr G's 80-100ppi suggestion) is darker in color and so i speculate it may release dirts better.. I would try but not feeling like spending another 15 bucks for a wash sponge

Crazy Amos
03-17-2011, 08:21 AM
I hear ya. $15 for a sponge seems a bit much. I have thought about trying the $5 blue LC sponge. Have you tried that one?

I am currently usning a Home Depot Grout Sponge

sulla
03-20-2011, 01:42 AM
I hear ya. $15 for a sponge seems a bit much. I have thought about trying the $5 blue LC sponge. Have you tried that one?

I am currently usning a Home Depot Grout

I dont see the merit of the lc gs cubes.. Pressure actually makes the cubes bunch up and create no space between cubes.. I dont see how dirts could be trapped between the cubes.. I never used hd gs but i used ace hardware gs and i feel the ace gs to be softer..

If anything i feel it's the large pores of the ace gs that does better job at trapping dirts than the cubes of lc gs.

I may get it wrong though since many people love the lc gs.. It releases stains and dirts really well i'll give it that

A4 1.8tqm
03-20-2011, 02:14 AM
I love the LC Blue grout sponges and have four of them, the cubes help them form to tight area's like trim around windows and emblems. Just don't wipe across the trim/emblems, like from one window to the next. Move with the lines or else the cubes will start to tear off. Debris absolutely gets trapped between the cubes, like pine needles, which is good and they release dirt very well. I've had a red ulti-mit (maybe two?) for about a year, still new and sealed. I was disappointed that it wasn't cubes on both sides and tossed it in a drawer.

The orange Home Depot grout sponges are stiff and I wouldn't use them on paint, I only use them for lower plastic and such. The yellow ones are much softer and seem to come in two types, either larger pores and smaller pores. You just have to pick through to find the ones you want. I have several of all of these which come's in handy for saving my LC blue's when I don't want to use them on really dirty area's.

Sponges are definitely my wash media of choice.