PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference?

CurlyCara
03-16-2011, 12:55 AM
Between a cleaner and a non cleaner wax? Is it ok to put a cleaner wax over an aio? I want to put megs liq cleaner wax over white diamond black pearl.

Shane731
03-16-2011, 01:13 AM
Hey Cara, check out this article: The Difference Between a Cleaner/Wax and a Finishing Wax (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/23263-difference-between-cleaner-wax-finishing-wax.html). Also, I don't see why you couldn't use a cleaner wax over a glaze, but I don't think it would do any good. A glaze is going to fill, while a cleaner wax will clean the paint. IMO, the cleaner wax will probably remove the glaze. I'm not 100% sure on that though, hopefully others will chime in.
(http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/23263-difference-between-cleaner-wax-finishing-wax.html)

A4 1.8tqm
03-16-2011, 03:35 AM
I want to put megs liq cleaner wax over white diamond black pearl.

Shane's right, using a cleaner wax after an AIO (or after a glaze) will remove whatever protection was left by the AIO (or remove fillers left by the glaze). So Megs Cleaner Wax won't necessarily go "over" White Diamond Black Pearl, but instead will clean it off the paint. Unless your intention is to remove the white diamond black pearl and apply a different LSP I wouldn't recommend doing this. This would be "working backwards".

FWIW I don't think that White Diamond Black Pearl is even an AIO, contrary to the label saying "...is a polymer that cleans, polishes and protects..." every description I have read leads me to believe that the product is a pure synthetic sealant with no cleaning ability. I may be wrong though.

termigator
03-16-2011, 06:46 AM
FWIW I don't think that White Diamond Black Pearl is even an AIO, contrary to the label saying "...is a polymer that cleans, polishes and protects..." every description I have read leads me to believe that the product is a pure synthetic sealant with no cleaning ability. I may be wrong though.

If that's true, maybe you can try applying White Diamond over the Meguiar's. Does the Meguiar's have carnauba in it?

dad07
03-16-2011, 07:09 AM
Hey Cara, check out this article: The Difference Between a Cleaner/Wax and a Finishing Wax (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/23263-difference-between-cleaner-wax-finishing-wax.html). Also, I don't see why you couldn't use a cleaner wax over a glaze, but I don't think it would do any good. A glaze is going to fill, while a cleaner wax will clean the paint. IMO, the cleaner wax will probably remove the glaze. I'm not 100% sure on that though, hopefully others will chime in.
(http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/23263-difference-between-cleaner-wax-finishing-wax.html)

Shane's right, using a cleaner wax after an AIO (or after a glaze) will remove whatever protection was left by the AIO (or remove fillers left by the glaze). So Megs Cleaner Wax won't necessarily go "over" White Diamond Black Pearl, but instead will clean it off the paint. Unless your intention is to remove the white diamond black pearl and apply a different LSP I wouldn't recommend doing this. This would be "working backwards".

:iagree: with the guys here.

Mike Phillips
03-16-2011, 07:27 AM
A cleaner/wax and an AIO are the same thing...

Cleaner/Wax = cleans, polishes and protects in one step.

AIO = All-in-One product = a product that cleans, polishes and protects in one step because the product has all these features built into it.

:)

CurlyCara
03-16-2011, 12:25 PM
Ok well Im about to go test out the Black Pearl. Ill probably put a caranuba wax over it since im unaware of its protection properties.