PDA

View Full Version : Hey Friends, It's Been Awhile...

Pages : [1] 2

jimmyjam
03-15-2011, 03:31 AM
Hey guys/gals,
It's warmed up here in Central California, and I've been swamped! Allot of customers are coming out of the wood works, and I haven't had time to really go through many threads/posts, so is there anything exciting I've missed?

tuscarora dave
03-15-2011, 04:23 AM
Welcome back jimmyjam. Glad you're busy. The weather here in central PA is finally breaking and the calls are now coming in.:xyxthumbs: Same old stuff here.

BobbyG
03-15-2011, 06:22 AM
Hey guys/gals,
It's warmed up here in Central California, and I've been swamped! Allot of customers are coming out of the wood works, and I haven't had time to really go through many threads/posts, so is there anything exciting I've missed?

Jimmy,

Good to see you back! :props:

Being busy isn't necessarily a bad thing especially if you're getting paid for it! :laughing:

Exciting things...

Detailer's pride Pro-Series
Me getting older?

jimmyjam
03-15-2011, 11:59 AM
Welcome back jimmyjam. Glad you're busy. The weather here in central PA is finally breaking and the calls are now coming in.:xyxthumbs: Same old stuff here.

Hi Dave,
Thanks for the welcome back, it's only been two weeks, but seems forever! When the calls/money start coming in you know it's spring!

Jimmy,

Good to see you back! :props:

Being busy isn't necessarily a bad thing especially if you're getting paid for it! :laughing:

Exciting things...

Detailer's pride Pro-Series
Me getting older?

Hey Bobby,
Glad to be back! I got one PM asking if I needed bail money... haha
Is DP Pro Series any different than the original? I was scrolling through the new thread/post and seen Mark's "Flex is no longer king" is the Meg's MF system really that good to set the Flex aside? I don't knw about that...Oh ya we're like a wine the older the finer!! lol

BobbyG
03-15-2011, 01:43 PM
Hey Bobby,
Glad to be back! I got one PM asking if I needed bail money... haha
Is DP Pro Series any different than the original?

Hey Jimmy,

According to Meghan's post, Max has tweaked most of not all the formulas to improve their performance. I've personally not tested any of them but the new DP Pro-Series has replaced the original line in its entirety.

Replacing an entire line, especially one that sells very well, you have to be pretty darn confident of its replacement.

I was scrolling through the new thread/post and seen Mark's "Flex is no longer king" is the Meg's MF system really that good to set the Flex aside? I don't know about that...Oh ya we're like a wine the older the finer!! lol

I respect Mark and for some reason he seems to like his other dual action polisher better than the Flex 3401. The combination he's using obviously is working well for him and that's what it's all about; what works for us as individuals and not a group.

I really like my Flex 3401 and have no desire to retire it. My Porter Cable 7424 handles sealants and waxes quite nicely and there it'll stay until I change my mind which won't be too soon.

I really like the fine wine comment!! ;)

SeaJay's
03-15-2011, 01:44 PM
Welcome back Jimmy! Use your dipstick jimmy! Sorry for some reason that commercial just popped in my head when I said Jimmy! lol

Mike Phillips
03-15-2011, 02:18 PM
Hey guys/gals,

I haven't had time to really go through many threads/posts, so is there anything exciting I've missed?

Go here (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/search.php)....

Type in one of these words...

wax
swirls
paint

It's always exciting! :D

Seriously... welcome back...

:dblthumb2:

dad07
03-15-2011, 02:39 PM
Glad to see ya Back Jimmy......busy is a good thing right? any ways good to see ya back with us!:xyxthumbs:

Streetlife
03-15-2011, 03:20 PM
Good to see you back Jimmy.:props:

jimmyjam
03-15-2011, 11:16 PM
Thanks guys! I feel the love!

Kristopher1129
03-15-2011, 11:39 PM
I got my Optimum spray gun! Thought that was exciting, ha. Welcome back! :dblthumb2:

Pretty soon I'll be absent on the forums as well. I probably got till about April, ha. :buffing:

jimmyjam
03-16-2011, 03:19 AM
I got my Optimum spray gun! Thought that was exciting, ha. Welcome back! :dblthumb2:

Pretty soon I'll be absent on the forums as well. I probably got till about April, ha. :buffing:

What's up Kristopher?!? i told you that Optimum gun is BAD A**! haha

WRAPT C5Z06
03-16-2011, 04:16 AM
I was scrolling through the new thread/post and seen Mark's "Flex is no longer king" is the Meg's MF system really that good to set the Flex aside?
Jimmy, glad you're back. :righton:

Just some clarification, there's no way I'd ever retire the 3401. However, with heavier cutting, I'm finding the DA MF cutting discs, D300/M105, GG DA to cut AND finish better than any pad/product combo I've ever tried on the 3401. I WISH the MF cutting discs worked better with the 3401, I'd be all over that!!! I will still have many uses for my 3401, but as of now, for heavier cutting, the DA MF system is where it's at for me. :dblthumb2:

GaDetailDoc
03-16-2011, 05:56 AM
Welcome back. Glad business is picking up. Still a bit slow in a depressed Ga economy.

jimmyjam
03-16-2011, 02:50 PM
Welcome back. Glad business is picking up. Still a bit slow in a depressed Ga economy.

Jimmy, glad you're back. :righton:

Just some clarification, there's no way I'd ever retire the 3401. However, with heavier cutting, I'm finding the DA MF cutting discs, D300/M105, GG DA to cut AND finish better than any pad/product combo I've ever tried on the 3401. I WISH the MF cutting discs worked better with the 3401, I'd be all over that!!! I will still have many uses for my 3401, but as of now, for heavier cutting, the DA MF system is where it's at for me. :dblthumb2:

Thanks guys!
Now what's the deal with MF pads?? Are they better/made for a PC? I really haven't heard/read to much on them. My Flex was kinda going through a depression after reading your thread, he wouldn't eat his Happy Meal... nada..lol
Is it the Flex's' BP that doesn't allow it to work efficiently?