PDA

View Full Version : dewalt dw849

mudcat
03-14-2011, 05:44 PM
Does anyone know of a place that sells used parts for polishers ? I have a polisher that did not come with the side handle and the factory wants as much for the handle as I paid for entire polisher used. Any have some junk polishers they want sell some parts off of?

Joe@Superior Shine
03-14-2011, 11:25 PM
Your local auto body supply store may service/repair polishers. If so they will have spare parts. If that doesn't work find an electric tool repair facility. Let me know what happens.

mudcat
03-16-2011, 02:20 AM
Your local auto body supply store may service/repair polishers. If so they will have spare parts. If that doesn't work find an electric tool repair facility. Let me know what happens.

They do not have any. They told me I had to buy a new one from Dewalt.. :cry:

guccigucci
03-16-2011, 03:58 AM
i dont think it will be too expensive, get it online and as a beginner, i do not advice people to use rotary like the dewalt, it is really hard to handle when it spins too fast and may burn paint, been there done that...so try out the PC or Flex, there are starter kits from Autogeek that are real deals for both PC and the Flex DA Polishers.

ExoticAutoDetai
03-16-2011, 06:24 AM
I don't think you need the handle. Most people get a better grip if you grab it from the main head knowing is a rotary with a lot of power.

I used to use it with the handle and now I don't even use it my handle is kept away.

Some people would advice not to use a rotary a DA would better. Honestly you will end up using both later on regardless of anything. The way I see it is rotary are for real men's.:) first learn to keep your limit with your dewalt so you don't end up burning the paint.

I love my dewalt and I plan in buying a DA later on.

Exotic Auto Detail via tapatalk