PDA

View Full Version : Sealant recommendation over Klasse AIO besides KSG

Gurge
03-14-2011, 02:21 PM
Klasse sealant glaze is a good product but I just haven't mastered getting it super thin just yet. On my own car / friends cars, I would use it as i think it's tough as nails.

BUT when i work on other peoples cars, KSG is getting to be a bit cumbersome in the areas where i overapply even just a bit.

on the other hand, I love the klasse AIO and i think it provides great results (and is easily removed) Just needs some additional protection.

Until I improve my technique with KSG... I'm looking for a sealant, that's easily removed, preferably WOWO (doesn't have to be), moderately priced, to go on top of KAIO. This will be used on cars that probably will not be routinely maintained / waxed.

I was actually considering collinite 845 but I think there may be something out there that is more like a traditional sealant that meets the criteria.

Thanks...

MI Mike
03-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Checkout the Duragloss 105/601 combo.

Any Collinite product and you maybe able to skip the sealant.

Lasthope05
03-14-2011, 04:18 PM
Klasse sealant glaze is a good product but I just haven't mastered getting it super thin just yet. On my own car / friends cars, I would use it as i think it's tough as nails.

BUT when i work on other peoples cars, KSG is getting to be a bit cumbersome in the areas where i overapply even just a bit.

on the other hand, I love the klasse AIO and i think it provides great results (and is easily removed) Just needs some additional protection.

Until I improve my technique with KSG... I'm looking for a sealant, that's easily removed, preferably WOWO (doesn't have to be), moderately priced, to go on top of KAIO. This will be used on cars that probably will not be routinely maintained / waxed.

I was actually considering collinite 845 but I think there may be something out there that is more like a traditional sealant that meets the criteria.

Thanks...

If you are having troubles with KSG try putting it in a spray bottle and dilute 2 parts product 1 part water(or 1:1) and use it as you would a spray wax. Even with diluting it I havent really notice much decrease in durability. I learned this tip from DW which have a strong following with klasse/carlack68/jeff werkstatt.

If you want a wipe on wipe off sealant, the only one I know of is Jeff werkstatt Acrylic Jett Trigger, but its pretty much the same as what I just told you about diluting KSG.

FASTFRED
03-14-2011, 04:31 PM
I have had great success with 4-star UPP.

ScottB
03-14-2011, 06:47 PM
basically any will do .... Rejex, Wolfgang and Four Star are indeed nice options !

Gurge
03-15-2011, 08:59 AM
I've heard the tip to mix KSG with water into a spray bottle before. just haven't tried yet.

thanks for the recommendations. of what was recommended so far, rejex and wolfgang both specify the sealant needs to cure 'out of the elements' or without any water exposure or even dew. This is not always going to be practical on a customers car.

4 star UPP may be the same way, but the product description wasn't as focused on that. a little expensive, but the reviews seem to be easy on / off. and it can be topped with a wax if desired (this was not an option with rejex)

Still open to suggestions. what about poorboys ex-p or megs #21? or even just keeping it simple and doing NXT on top of the Klasse AIO?

Edit: NXT has some cleaners in it. so it may remove the underlying KAIO. probably a bad idea.

Jsuro
03-15-2011, 10:00 AM
I have the same problem applying it. The thing is that the applicator saturates quickly and then it puts too much product on the paint. Makes it hard to remove afterward.

I'm getting around the removal problem by letting it dry on the whole car for about an hour and then taking it off with Pinnacle Crystal Mist Detail Spray. I use two really good blue MF towels, one really damp with the Crystal Mist and the other dry. This so the KSG that get's on the damp towel and re-spread around is fully removed with the dry one.

Works like a charm and the protection is still there with no loss of efficiency.

Best,

Jose