PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna.. Body shop safe?

cobraa
03-14-2011, 12:18 PM
Is Menzerna's polish safe for freshly painted surface? and how about D151 ?

Thanks!

BobbyG
03-14-2011, 12:52 PM
Is Menzerna's polish safe for freshly painted surface? and how about D151 ? Thanks!

Both are safe but it really depends on "how fresh" the paint is and if it had curing agents as part of the mixture.

I'd definitely direct those questions to the shop that painted it...

aerogt01
03-14-2011, 01:23 PM
According to Meg's D151 is not body shop safe as it is not "paintable."

AeroCleanse
03-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Body shop safe means that the product doesn't contain an silicone. D151 is not body shop safe. All Menzerna compounds and polishes are body shop safe.

Mike Phillips
03-14-2011, 03:10 PM
Body shop safe means that the product doesn't contain an silicone. D151 is not body shop safe. All Menzerna compounds and polishes are body shop safe.

Body Shop Safe actually means the product doesn't contain any ingredient that would affect surface adhesion.

Anything that would cause water to bead-up would likely cause surface adhesion issues. Silicone gets all the attention, but other substances or ingredients in car care products targeted at the enthusiast market or the reconditioning market could also cause problems.

D151 is a cleaner/wax and the wax portion, or the protection ingredients in the product would make it so it wouldn't get the "Body Shop Safe" tag.

:)

cobraa
03-14-2011, 10:12 PM
thanks guys!

someone offered me a nice job in his bodyshop and asked to do the finition on his car. I said he would paint them, and sand them. then my job is to finish the job. I know how to detail wet-sanded car, I did it before but what scarded me was the fact that the paint is fresh.