PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Power Lock Durability

cbsb
03-14-2011, 10:39 AM
For those Menzerna Power Lock fans out there, what kind of durability are you getting? (ie: so many months) How long does it last compared to other sealants?

SeaJay's
03-14-2011, 11:44 AM
I put Power Lock on my truck before winter and it's still there (I live in New England and we've had a hell of a winter). Of course the durability will depend on the area your in, elements the car will see, what type of wash schedule your on, and if you use any spray waxes.

Usually you can count on at least 4-6 months. I always top my sealants with a wax, so my results are probably different than those who just use Power Lock. There was a thread from a guy that did 3 different sealants on his hood and was going to follow up on the durability. Apparently he's no longer a member here so I can't find the thread.

BobbyG
03-14-2011, 12:43 PM
:iagree: Jason's got this one pretty much covered........:props:

cbsb
03-14-2011, 12:57 PM
Thanks Jason and BobbyG.
My area is hot, with lots of road grime - Texas.

BobbyG., your threads on this product are what inspired my to buy it last night and give it a whirl. Was looking for a sealant that was easy to use.

What other parts of the car(besides the body paint) could you use this on safely? Headlights, windshield, etc.

Chris

BobbyG
03-14-2011, 01:10 PM
What other parts of the car(besides the body paint) could you use this on safely? Headlights, windshield, etc. Chris

Hi Chris,

Sealants are nothing more than synthetic wax, in other words they're man made. Manufactures have been producing sealants for quite some time but have come a very long way in regards to ease of use, gloss, and long term protection.

While I've only used it on painted surfaces I don't see any reason why you can't use Menzerna Power-Lock on paint, chrome, or glass. I would not use it on porous surfaces like plastic, vinyl, rubber or mat finishes but as I said, I've personally used it only on painted surfaces.

What I can tell you is I've used wax on windshields for years with great success so this might be a good indication whether or not you want to proceed.

Give it a try and test a few spots. If it doesn't look good then remove it with IPA and a strong detergent.

Marc08EX
03-14-2011, 01:28 PM
I put down a layer of powerlock around october of last year and when I washed my car last night, it still beaded well surprisingly. So that says a lot about its durability. I think this is the best sealant out there.

ScottB
03-14-2011, 06:50 PM
It lasted longer than I did ... replaced after two months.

ScottZ
03-14-2011, 07:29 PM
I've easily gotten 4 months out of it...I've also used it on my windshield with awesome results!

Rsurfer
03-14-2011, 07:35 PM
It lasted longer than I did ... replaced after two months.:DSurprized you lasted 2 months.:buffing: