PDA

View Full Version : PB Black Hole Question...

DP200248721
03-13-2011, 06:25 PM
Not that I'm one to use a glaze to hide swirls but I was reading about different toppers after applying this and was wondering.. has anyone ever used Collinite 845/476/885/915 for lasting durability over PBBH? Everyone always mentions PB Natty Blue/Red and I must agree it looks fantastic but just thought I'd throw it out there and see if anyone has tried it. Otherwise I'll try it and post my findings at a later time. Thanks everyone.

zliegen
03-13-2011, 06:29 PM
Yeah, I've used 476s over PBBH with no issues.. I think you'd be hard-pressed to have durability issues with ANY of the collinite waxes period, regardless of what you apply them over.. they are VERY heavy duty.

DP200248721
03-13-2011, 06:34 PM
Yeah, I've used 476s over PBBH with no issues.. I think you'd be hard-pressed to have durability issues with ANY of the collinite waxes period, regardless of what you apply them over.. they are VERY heavy duty.

Figured as much, thanks for the quick reply. Reason I ask is everyone always says, "Black Hole will only last for as long as whats used as an LSP." So I thought to myself that if you used Collinite you'ld have plenty more durability compared to regular "boutique" waxes, but does it have the same POP on metallics that other waxes would have? Sorry to add a question to what's already been asked.

zliegen
03-13-2011, 06:39 PM
Figured as much, thanks for the quick reply. Reason I ask is everyone always says, "Black Hole will only last for as long as whats used as an LSP." So I thought to myself that if you used Collinite you'ld have plenty more durability compared to regular "boutique" waxes, but does it have the same POP that other waxes would have? Sorry to add a question to what's already been asked.

I've only used 476s from the collinite brand but I don't really care for what it does to metallic flake if thats what you mean by "POP". It seems to dull flake on the paints that I've used it on. I wouldn't let this convince you to not use it though, as it very well might work great on your car.

DP200248721
03-13-2011, 06:46 PM
Touche' sir, I corrected my post to be more clear on what I ment. So you've experianced muted metallics with using 476s? I'll keep this in mind if I ever find myself reaching for an LSP for metallic paint. Thanks again

A4 1.8tqm
03-13-2011, 07:43 PM
I've never seen "muted flake" after applying a LSP, sure would like to see a 50/50 shot showing an example. I currently believe it to be a myth...

longdx
03-13-2011, 07:56 PM
I used PB's BH with Collinite IW845 on my old daily driver (2001 Mitsubishi Phoenix Red SS paint). I chose this because the paint was approaching 10 years in age and I wanted to reduce polishing any further. This combination worked really well and I saw no reduced durability of IW845. I have not tried this on metallic paint

DP200248721
03-13-2011, 07:59 PM
Once I get home (about 8 days) I'll give it a shot and post my results, my GF has a darker-colored car with heavy metallic flake in the paint so we'll see... I'll try the Black hole/476s compared to something like Black hole/Natty Blue. Maybe a 50/50 on the hood and go from there. Thanks for the replies.

Trevor
03-13-2011, 10:03 PM
Once I get home (about 8 days) I'll give it a shot and post my results, my GF has a darker-colored car with heavy metallic flake in the paint so we'll see... I'll try the Black hole/476s compared to something like Black hole/Natty Blue. Maybe a 50/50 on the hood and go from there. Thanks for the replies.

I'll be looking forward to seeing your follow up post on how this turns out. I'm going to be using BH in my detailing, but I'll be topping with wolfgang sealant, and THEN natty blue.

AGO noob question, but will you be posting your results in this section or in the show and shine section? Same question for where i should post my pics.

DP200248721
03-13-2011, 10:10 PM
I'll be looking forward to seeing your follow up post on how this turns out. I'm going to be using BH in my detailing, but I'll be topping with wolfgang sealant, and THEN natty blue.

AGO noob question, but will you be posting your results in this section or in the show and shine section? Same question for where i should post my pics.

Trevor.... I'll post them in the "show&shine" section. Looking forward to sharing my findings

A4 1.8tqm
03-14-2011, 06:43 AM

Nice! I'm looking forward to it. :props:

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
03-14-2011, 09:46 AM
I've never seen "muted flake" after applying a LSP, sure would like to see a 50/50 shot showing an example. I currently believe it to be a myth...

It's not so much as to get rid of the flake but the way that I look at it when I say "mute flake" is that it makes the flake "glisten" in the sun (like the caps of waves on a lake in the sun) rather than "POP" out in the sun (like glitter reflecting light).

But with this when you mute the flake you get a deeper darker wetter look and when you make the flake POP you get a brighter crisp finish.

DP200248721
03-28-2011, 07:31 PM
Nice! I'm looking forward to it. :props:

Came home to a broken car in the garage that I need to fix before I can do the comparison, look for it in about another week :-/